dna211

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Missisuaga
Category........
LANDED..........
04-02-2018
Hi,

Can someone tell me what are the documents needs for proof of work experience, under CEC post ita? I can get the reference letter, but I was not given the offer letter. Is it okay to just submit the reference letters or it needs offer letter or letter of employment as well? or can someone please mention exact documents they can ask for?

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
Hi,

Can someone tell me what are the documents needs for proof of work experience, under CEC post ita? I can get the reference letter, but I was not given the offer letter. Is it okay to just submit the reference letters or it needs offer letter or letter of employment as well? or can someone please mention exact documents they can ask for?
If you are not claiming points for arranged employment, you dont need offer letter.

Regarding experience letter, you have to get your roles and responsibilities clearly mentioned in those.

dna211

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Missisuaga
Category........
LANDED..........
04-02-2018
If you are not claiming points for arranged employment, you dont need offer letter.

Regarding experience letter, you have to get your roles and responsibilities clearly mentioned in those.
Thanks. So for my current work experience, i will need only one document which is the reference letter. Secondly, I worked part time initially before I started working full time, under the same title. In my profile, I have added that experience separately as work hours were different. Do i need separate reference letter or one is good?

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
Thanks. So for my current work experience, i will need only one document which is the reference letter. Secondly, I worked part time initially before I started working full time, under the same title. In my profile, I have added that experience separately as work hours were different. Do i need separate reference letter or one is good?
If your one experience letter can describe roles and responsibilities of both of your jobs then 1 document should suffice.

dna211

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Missisuaga
Category........
LANDED..........
04-02-2018
If your one experience letter can describe roles and responsibilities of both of your jobs than 1 document should suffice.
Perfect. I can get the letter which mentions that the roles and responsibilities for both the jobs and which were exactly the same.
Thirdly, I started working 26.25 hours 18 days before I applied for PGWP, while I was on my study permit. Reason-Bad immigration consultant told me that if you are done with the studies, you can work more than 20 hours. He forgot to mention that I need to be on implied status. As soon I realized on the 19th day, I went to the border and got my PGWP immediately. How shall I mention my work experience in CEC profile? Any suggestion on how to address 19 days of unauthorized work?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
If I am not wrong work experience during full time canadian education is not accepted.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
To be considered under the Canadian Experience Class:

You cannot count work experience you gained while enrolled as a full-time student. Your work experience must have been gained while on a valid work permit, such as the Post-Graduation Work Permit.

dna211

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Missisuaga
Category........
LANDED..........
04-02-2018
To be considered under the Canadian Experience Class:

You cannot count work experience you gained while enrolled as a full-time student. Your work experience must have been gained while on a valid work permit, such as the Post-Graduation Work Permit.
Yes, I agree. I am not counting the experience I got while studying. The problem is more of unauthroized work. Once I submitted my thesis, I worked above 20 hours for 19 days. I was allowed to work only 20 hours. Once I realized my mistake I did flag poling and got my PGWP. I am concerned on how to address 19 days of unauthorized work to CIC officer?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Because this period is not counted, you do not have to mention that in the work history. You do not have to provide any proof, employer letter for that.
You should mention.that in the personal history, which is not very detailed. So the working hours won't show off exactly. You had permit to work for 20 hours but not 26 right? So we are not talking about unauthorized work?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Anyway your work experience which will be counted starts when you applied for your work permit. So you need to have reference letter from that day. So the 19 days before, I do not know what you should do. Mention that in LOE or not...

dna211

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Missisuaga
Category........
LANDED..........
04-02-2018
Anyway your work experience which will be counted starts when you applied for your work permit. So you need to have reference letter from that day. So the 19 days before, I do not know what you should do. Mention that in LOE or not...
Exactly! Because I have been working at the same place since February 1st 2016. From Feb to July 2016, I was working 20 hours a week as authorized and allowed on my study permit. From August 1st 2016 I have been working 26.5 hours a week until November 30 2016. From Dec1st until present, I have been working full time. Now my employer has written me one reference letter which states that from august 1st I have been working 26.5 hours and from december i have been working FT. And CIC officer will see that I have been working more than 20 hours since August 1st and not from August 19th (the day i got PGWP). And currently in the express entry profile, there is no way to add dates as well.

dna211

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Missisuaga
Category........
LANDED..........
04-02-2018
Moreover If i be honest and explain my mistake, which was very honest in LOE, I am not sure what are the chances of rejection?

dna211

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Missisuaga
Category........
LANDED..........
04-02-2018
How does this letter look like? I am trying to escape giving away the exact date of employment?
This letter will confirm that -----is currently employed by ---- in our --- for the period of about 23 months in total from 02.01.2016 to present date. From 02.01.2016 she was working 20 hours a week on her study permit. While from August 2016, on arrival of her PGWP, she started working 0.7 FTE at 26.5 hours a week. From December 1st 2016, she has been working on full time basis working about 37.5 hours per week. In this role, she performed the following duties: