+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - December 2022 AOR ******

onThefence

Mar 9, 2023
Here is my timeline:

CEC Inland + dependent

AOR: Dec 31st
Medical Passed and Biometrics linked: Feb 1st
GU1 on tracer - Eligibility passed - 2nd March (only for me, not started for my wife)

Received Portal Email from Etobicoke (9th March) :)

[All other status remain unchanged/Not started on the Tool and tracker

]

Both my wife and I received the Portal Email today, I just replied from my email id with the requested information for both.
Can someone confirm if this is OK or my wife needs to reply separately ?

Last edited:

Sandeep29

Jun 21, 2021
Here is my timeline:

CEC Inland + dependent

GU1 on tracer - Eligibility passed - 2nd March (only for me, not started for my wife)

]

Both my wife and I received the Portal Email today, I just replied from my email id with the requested information for both.
Question: When you receive portal email, do you also have a message in the GC Portal account ?

Hanrink95

Feb 22, 2023
Here is my timeline:

CEC Inland + dependent

]

Congratulations, which is your visa office?

Taptap

Feb 24, 2023
Here is my timeline:

CEC Inland + dependent

]

You replying for yourself and dependents is fine.

Reactions: onThefence

vkanada1128

Dec 6, 2022
Hi everyone, CEC inland with 2 dependents.
AOR : 4th Dec '22
MEP/Biometric : 4th Jan '23
No GUs
As per tracker-
eligibility : in progress (changed today 03/10)
background verification : not started on tracker.
What's "in progress" reflective of? Did it just start? Or a late update? Guess I'll find out but the wait is killing me! :)

rishi4roshan

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Hi everyone, CEC inland with 2 dependents.
AOR : 4th Dec '22
MEP/Biometric : 4th Jan '23
No GUs
As per tracker-
eligibility : in progress (changed today 03/10)
background verification : not started on tracker.
What's "in progress" reflective of? Did it just start? Or a late update? Guess I'll find out but the wait is killing me! :)
At least you can see Eligibility in progress, in my case nothing has been changed after MEP/biometric on Jan 5th. I called up Ircc last Monday and I was told that Background check is in progress and rest all like Eligibility/info sharing not yet started....strange

vkanada1128

Dec 6, 2022
At least you can see Eligibility in progress, in my case nothing has been changed after MEP/biometric on Jan 5th. I called up Ircc last Monday and I was told that Background check is in progress and rest all like Eligibility/info sharing not yet started....strange
brother hopefully you'll receive good news soon. IRCC is very sporadic. There's no single pattern that fits all from what I've seen.

Reactions: Miracle2018

Hanrink95

Feb 22, 2023
Same here, my MEP/ Bio done on 4th Jan. Called IRCC yesterday told me same as background (Criminality) in process nothing else has started for me. I think my file haven’t been picked up for the next yet. Hoping for the best!

rishi4roshan

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Same here, my MEP/ Bio done on 4th Jan. Called IRCC yesterday told me same as background (Criminality) in process nothing else has started for me. I think my file haven’t been picked up for the next yet. Hoping for the best!
Its a waiting game, we cant do much about it...all we need to do is wait with patience.

Reactions: Hanrink95

bigbangskh

Feb 15, 2023
I just called IRCC and the agent told me these:

The only outstanding stages are: Security and Eligibility that have been in progress for a while, but he told me to keep an eye on my email as it won't be long till they get passed. Also, I asked about my PVO and he said it's Vancouver and SVO is CIO Sydney. Otherwise, everything looked good. H also said that agents are really overwhelmed and can't update everything on the files quickly, that's why they just don't update things to in progress while they are working on them and something might go straight from not started to complete .
Hopefully good news coming soon!

Last edited: