+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - August 2014 application

cec_21

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
donotreply@cic.gc.ca

to me
Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information.

There is no update on GC KEY or ECAS, I called CIC they said it means that an officer is working/worked on your file that's why you got an email saying it is updated. If we need something we will email asking for/about a document. Man, I got excited! Undecided

cec_21

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Guys,

Any News? Why is this group so quiet did every Aug applicant got their PPR and am I the only one awaiting?

Zapf

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016
Passport Req..
COPR 28-11-2016
LANDED..........
11-12-2016
cec_21 said:
Guys,

Any News? Why is this group so quiet did every Aug applicant got their PPR and am I the only one awaiting?
I'm an August 13 applicant and I'm still waiting. My wait officially went past the two year mark a few days ago. My file has been complete since May and they are doing nothing.

2016istheyear

May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zapf said:
I'm an August 13 applicant and I'm still waiting. My wait officially went past the two year mark a few days ago. My file has been complete since May and they are doing nothing.
have you called them recently?

Zapf

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016
Passport Req..
COPR 28-11-2016
LANDED..........
11-12-2016
2016istheyear said:
have you called them recently?
My MP has called CIC three times on my behalf recently. Each time they said "he can expect a decision by 'X-date' at the latest." Each time, the X-date has come and gone without any movement in my file. Like I said, they are determined to do nothing. Even a MP calling them won't budge them from their do-nothing agenda.

2016istheyear

May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zapf said:
My MP has called CIC three times on my behalf recently. Each time they said "he can expect a decision by 'X-date' at the latest." Each time, the X-date has come and gone without any movement in my file. Like I said, they are determined to do nothing. Even a MP calling them won't budge them from their do-nothing agenda.
what was the last due date they said?

Zapf

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016
Passport Req..
COPR 28-11-2016
LANDED..........
11-12-2016
2016istheyear said:
what was the last due date they said?
"Early August"

SinaCEC

Dec 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Doc's Request.
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Uploaded 02-18-2016
Interview........
Upfront RPRF: March 1st, 2016
Hello guys,

Good news, I got passport request yesterday.
Try contacting your MP, it works.
I asked my MP office to contact them and got pass request the next day...

Good luck

Zapf

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016
Passport Req..
COPR 28-11-2016
LANDED..........
11-12-2016
SinaCEC said:
Hello guys,

Good news, I got passport request yesterday.
Try contacting your MP, it works.
I asked my MP office to contact them and got pass request the next day...

Good luck
Congratulations. Contacting my MP hasn't worked for me. I contacted him way back in June, and he has called CIC four times on my behalf. The first time they told him that I will "have a decision by end of July" (which turned out to be a lie), the second time they told him "early August" (also a lie). The third and fourth times they just said that they didn't know when a decision will be made. He can't get anything more out of them.

Maybe your MP is just far more forceful and effective than my MP? Can we trade MPs? :(

lucifier

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Zapf said:
Congratulations. Contacting my MP hasn't worked for me. I contacted him way back in June, and he has called CIC four times on my behalf. The first time they told him that I will "have a decision by end of July" (which turned out to be a lie), the second time they told him "early August" (also a lie). The third and fourth times they just said that they didn't know when a decision will be made. He can't get anything more out of them.

Maybe your MP is just far more forceful and effective than my MP? Can we trade MPs? :(
I think it isnt like that. It's also based on your application status.
If everything passed and only waiting for a senior officer to finalize your app (GCMS note: RFV), MP call will speed up the finalize process.
However, if your app is under security check, it wont help much.

Zapf

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016
Passport Req..
COPR 28-11-2016
LANDED..........
11-12-2016
lucifier said:
I think it isnt like that. It's also based on your application status.
If everything passed and only waiting for a senior officer to finalize your app (GCMS note: RFV), MP call will speed up the finalize process.
However, if your app is under security check, it wont help much.
My application has been final since May. My security checks are all done, everything has passed. I'm only waiting for a senior officer to finalize my application. My MP started calling them in June. It is now late August. There is absolutely no reason why the senior officer should take over 3 months just to finalize my application. :mad:

Danish123

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-08-2016
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
Hello Friends,

I would like to update my status. I am not sure how many May 2014 applicants are still waiting.

I got my medical request (after 26 months waiting) on 10 August 2016 and also CIC asked me to submit three additional documents.(1. PCC 2.ROE 3. IMM5669).

I did my medical on 12th Aug 2016. In ecas, on 17th Aug I found that medical is received is added in the timeline.

I was in Dubai so was not able to submit my PCC as I am back now so I sent my PCC today.

I hope this process will complete soon.

Please let me know if anyone else are still waiting like me.

Thanks..

rohangk

Dec 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th Aug, 2014
AOR Received.
11th Dec, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with appln
Med's Request
2nd Feb 2016, 8th Mar 2016 (Additional tests)
Med's Done....
Checkup on 18th Jan 2016 (Upfront), Report submitted on 29th Jan 2016. Additional Medical test report submitted on 26th Feb 2016. 2nd Additional reports submitted on 2nd April.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
7th July 2016 (RPRF requested and paid on 3rd March 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
14th July 2016
LANDED..........
20th Sept 2016
Landed yesterday as PR at the Toronto Pearson International Airport. Simply had to show the COPR docs for me and my wife. The Officer asked us to sign the docs, he took 5 mins to verify our details and we were done ;D. Didn't ask for any additional document or fill any additional forms.

cec_21

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Experts please help - IMPORTANT - received an email from CIC --

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement of paragraph 87.1(2)(a) of the IRPR which states that a foreign national is a member of the Canadian Experience Class if they have acquired in Canada, within the three years before the date on which their application for permanent residence is made, at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work experience, in one or more occupations that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix, exclusive of restricted occupations.

I am not satisfied that you submitted a genuine letter of employment with your application pursuant to the Canada Experience Class. I base this opinion on the fact that the signatory of your letter of employment, XXX, was not employed as General Manager of the XXX, ON on April 07, 2014, the date on the letter. Further, it is noted, that this establishment does not have a position called Marketing Manager (Business Development) as the letter claims.

I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this letter. The onus is on you to demonstrate that you were working in the capacity you declared. You have until October 23, 2016, to submit additional information you would like me to consider. Please ensure that you quote the file number, indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

What shall i do, I have all the letters, the LMO, the ROE, the Pay Stubs.. what should i do please help...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
cec_21 said:
Experts please help - IMPORTANT - received an email from CIC --

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement of paragraph 87.1(2)(a) of the IRPR which states that a foreign national is a member of the Canadian Experience Class if they have acquired in Canada, within the three years before the date on which their application for permanent residence is made, at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work experience, in one or more occupations that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix, exclusive of restricted occupations.

I am not satisfied that you submitted a genuine letter of employment with your application pursuant to the Canada Experience Class. I base this opinion on the fact that the signatory of your letter of employment, XXX, was not employed as General Manager of the XXX, ON on April 07, 2014, the date on the letter. Further, it is noted, that this establishment does not have a position called Marketing Manager (Business Development) as the letter claims.

I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this letter. The onus is on you to demonstrate that you were working in the capacity you declared. You have until October 23, 2016, to submit additional information you would like me to consider. Please ensure that you quote the file number, indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

What shall i do, I have all the letters, the LMO, the ROE, the Pay Stubs.. what should i do please help...
Ah, this is bad! Okay, first, collect all the documents related to this job. ALL of them.

Point to prove #1: You have to prove that the person who signed the letter is not a figment of your imagination and is real. If possible, get a letter from him that says he was indeed a GM on XX date and he was the one who signed the letter. I suggest you to get this notarized. You can also submit any work contracts/documents that might have his name mentioned. If your company's website mentions his name somewhere, you can show that. You can also provide a link to his LinkedIn profile, if he has one.

Point to prove #2: You have to prove that there is/was a position called "Marketing Manager". Produce every possible work contract that you have that mentions this position. If your company's website has this job posting OR if any of the job boards have this job posting by your company, you can produce all that. You can also submit a affidavit (under oath) telling that you have worked in the position of Marketing Manager.

Point to prove #3: Miscellaneous. Payslips. Provide all of them. If you have all the payslips for the entire period of work, show all of them. You can also submit copies of your T4.

I sincerely hope you get your PR at the earliest. Wish you good luck and all the very best!