+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
Once I'll get a request for biometrics, will they start running background check / other steps or everything is on halt until I submit my biometrics?

cicmagician

Star Member
Apr 20, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09/04/2020
AOR Received.
18/04/2020
Med's Done....
11/06/2020
Any idea when service canada will open ?
I dont think so soon, maybe after the summer. I assume they have concerns about how they can open offices with maximum safety because people will touch and line up there probably. They might take appointments for every half an hour or smth like that. Other than that no idea whats gonna happen

Reactions: Walle_007

kay2020

May 14, 2020
I have a question please, did everyone get the email they sent recently. I didn't and am a bit worried if something is wrong with my application.

libushibu

Sep 13, 2017
HI everyone,
I have received my biometrics letter today. My AOR is Apr 7.
Progress bar appeared in my profile with 32% complete and estimated completion date to be on Oct 2020.
Medicals passed june 05.
I hope remaining process runis on background without submitting Biometrics since the biometric centres are closed.
please advise.

Last edited:

libushibu

Sep 13, 2017
You basically see a line in a message if signature is set. Anything above that line is the message, and anything below that line is the signature. In this forum, participants usually put their application milestones, and useful info like CRS Score, AOR Date, MEP Date etc in the signature for easy reference.
You can also set your signature by clicking your profile name displayed on top right hand side.
Hi Rohith,
I have got my BIL and medicals passed with 32% on progress bar, Hope they run through other checks until we submit the biometrics.
Did you got any update there after.

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020
Hi Rohith,
I have got my BIL and medicals passed with 32% on progress bar, Hope they run through other checks until we submit the biometrics.
Did you got any update there after.
No notable updates after that. Status bar moved to 34%. I think it's auto-calculated based on the estimated completion date.
I believe the wait time starts now. I'm expecting a minimum of 2-3 months time before any further update. Eagerly waiting for the biometrics to open.

Reactions: libushibu

libushibu

Sep 13, 2017
No notable updates after that. Status bar moved to 34%. I think it's auto-calculated based on the estimated completion date.
I believe the wait time starts now. I'm expecting a minimum of 2-3 months time before any further update. Eagerly waiting for the biometrics to open.
Thanks Rohith for the update.
Good luck

Dipz2020

Jun 5, 2020
Hi Guys,

I have a question.

My AOR is 2nd of Apr and Medical passed on 1Jun. My company has submitted for my Work permit extension (due to expire on 22nd Jun) for 2 years on 3rd Apr. Kindly advice if i need to inform CIC regarding this using webform as this will help me in telling them that my company has submitted the application for 2yrs WP extension.

Pls advice.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Guys please confirm this.

For my Canadian 1 work experience I submitted: (mid 2018 -mid 2019)
-A reference letter
-T4 for 2019 but not for 2018
-last 4 months of pay stubs

Please tell me is this enough or was I required to submit all pay stubs and t4 for 2018 as well and notice of assessment as well ?

I am worried about failing R 10 check. If u recommended I can send docs via webform quickly.

Looking forward to hear from u .
Thanks

Oma2018

Nov 30, 2018
Hi guys, I applied on April 18th, received Aor same day. Today June 10th I passed my medical and received a biometric request. I have done Biometric last year January before December 2019 they mandated a new biometric, my question is will they make use of that one or I will have to do another biometric. The reason I am asking is in the biometric section in my cic account it is updated with my previous biometric done last year January 2019 and they're still requesting for biometric.

gssidhu19

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
Hi guys, I applied on April 18th, received Aor same day. Today June 10th I passed my medical and received a biometric request. I have done Biometric last year January before December 2019 they mandated a new biometric, my question is will they make use of that one or I will have to do another biometric. The reason I am asking is in the biometric section in my cic account it is updated with my previous biometric done last year January 2019 and they're still requesting for biometric.
Biometrics are required everytime you apply for Permanent Residency. However, for temporary resident applications, you only give them every 10 years. So you will still have to do biometrics. I hope that answers your question.

Oma2018

Nov 30, 2018
Biometrics are required everytime you apply for Permanent Residency. However, for temporary resident applications, you only give them every 10 years. So you will still have to do biometrics. I hope that answers your question.
I don't thinks it is different from other residence permit applications, my husband used his biometric from 2014 to apply both study permit, work permit and CEC, he is Canadian now. So one biometric, I am thinking it is kinda mandatory from December 2019 and that is my question

gssidhu19

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Update:
AOR 22 April
BIL June 12 for both me and spouse

I have 2 questions:

-My spouse have done biometric for our Pnp application last year, they applied it here as well. As they send BIL for her, Do she still need to do it?

-Our medical status did not change to pass. At the time of application my medical was valid for 5 months and my spouse's 5 months 28 days- expiring in September and October 2020, respectively. Do you guys think they need a fresh medical for both of us that's why they did not recommend a pass. if Yes, why they did not request it?

Thanks