+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

cec application web-based search: concerns found

joshm

Mar 17, 2014
I recently got my caips notes back after a month of waiting. Everything looked fine except for web-based search section it says: concerns found. The company which I worked for has a very simple website which is not very informative and theres not a much info of my company on the web as most of our business is not web-based.
I received my AOR around mid July 2013 and haven't received any requests or medical check request since. Has anyone experienced such problem?

Oh and I almost forgot to mention that it says further reviewed required by officer at the end of my caips notes.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Dont worry. They will probably ask you to submit a rcmp check.

joshm

Mar 17, 2014
thanks for the reply but I've already submitted my rcmp check along with my application as well as the police certificate from my home country.

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joshm, You had mentioned that "Review Required" was mentioned. It means VO has sent your file for supervisor review. Lot of cases have gone through review. There is a separate thread in CEC for applications under review. You might get more information there. Cases gone for review takes some time and that is the reason for delay in MR.

Review Thread Link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/file-under-review-join-this-group-t183986.0.html

JPMH_CEC_2013

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with file
Are GCMS notes and CAIPS different?? I did apply for GCMS notes.
You said "web-based search section it says: concerns found. "
Does it mean that your company does not have a website?? or the company website has little information??

I can relate this a bit to my situation here, the company I worked for also has a not so informative website.......ther is not much information there expect basic thing like Aboutus, contact us and home page with little information about the company...it basically is a 4 page website.

Also,after reading a few threads here I realized two things......1. My reference letters do not have my company's website on it and 2. my job responsibilities are a bit similar to what is there on the HRSDC website under my NOC........

I am still waiting for my MR since a month......on March 10 I got a reply from CPC saying my application is still in queue to be reviewed...but almost all July applicants have got their MR's so I feel they might have looked into my file but there is something going on...

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
JPMH_CEC_2013 said:
CAIPS is old system which is been replaced by GCMS. So after 2010 all application will be processed through GCMS instead of CAIPS.

Does it mean that your company does not have a website?? or the company website has little information??
Company has website with little information.

I can relate this a bit to my situation here, the company I worked for also has a not so informative website.......ther is not much information there expect basic thing like Aboutus, contact us and home page with little information about the company...it basically is a 4 page website.

Also,after reading a few threads here I realized two things......1. My reference letters do not have my company's website on it and 2. my job responsibilities are a bit similar to what is there on the HRSDC website under my NOC........
Wait for GCMS and see what it says. It can be either something related with you company website or something with NOC and Duties or may be something different.

I am still waiting for my MR since a month......on March 10 I got a reply from CPC saying my application is still in queue to be reviewed...but almost all July applicants have got their MR's so I feel they might have looked into my file but there is something going on...

joshm

Mar 17, 2014
JPMH_CEC_2013 said:

It seems we are in a similar situation.here. Correct me if I'm wrong but for web-based search VO's don't only look at your company website but also what information they can find about your company on the web right?
My application was reviewed by an immigration consultant before I submitted it. I'd say he was very helpful. He did point out that my company website might create problems later on but at that point I can't ask my employer to modify the website just because I'm applying for PR.

JPMH_CEC_2013

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with file
joshm said:
It seems we are in a similar situation.here. Correct me if I'm wrong but for web-based search VO's don't only look at your company website but also what information they can find about your company on the web right?
My application was reviewed by an immigration consultant before I submitted it. I'd say he was very helpful. He did point out that my company website might create problems later on but at that point I can't ask my employer to modify the website just because I'm applying for PR.
What about your reference letters..........are they OK??

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Don't think the company website is particularly important for CEC. A lot of small businesses don't even have websites, or at the most, might have a fleeting mention on some online business directory which contains the same basic information as the phone book.

JPMH_CEC_2013

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with file
LPS said:
Don't think the company website is particularly important for CEC. A lot of small businesses don't even have websites, or at the most, might have a fleeting mention on some online business directory which contains the same basic information as the phone book.
Well, that gives some boost to me brother, then what about the reference letters ?? My reference letters seem to have some wordings similar to NOC responsibilities mentioned in the HRSDC website

joshm

Mar 17, 2014
JPMH_CEC_2013 said:
Well, that gives some boost to me brother, then what about the reference letters ?? My reference letters seem to have some wordings similar to NOC responsibilities mentioned in the HRSDC website
If your reference letter contains some similar wordings thats acceptable but you have to elaborate and give details about your job duties. Have you requested for your GCMS notes?

JPMH_CEC_2013

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with file
Yes.........I did....they should come on April 20.
You know what, I seriously feel like email them once and asking for the situation and the reason for this delay

Smarty_1982

Star Member
Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Jun-2013
AOR Received.
19-Aug-2013
Med's Request
10-September-2014
Med's Done....
16-September-2014 RPRF request : 20-September-2014
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-dec-2014
joshm said:
I recently got my caips notes back after a month of waiting. Everything looked fine except for web-based search section it says: concerns found. The company which I worked for has a very simple website which is not very informative and theres not a much info of my company on the web as most of our business is not web-based.
I received my AOR around mid July 2013 and haven't received any requests or medical check request since. Has anyone experienced such problem?

Oh and I almost forgot to mention that it says further reviewed required by officer at the end of my caips notes.
I just received my GCMS notes too and I have similar note "web-based search conducted - concerns found", but my employer/company has good and comprehensive website :( so my case is review required now..does web-based search means checking on employer only not on our profiles like linked-in ?.. I am strongly suspecting on my linked-in profile could be culprit bcs it has my job details not aligned with what ever I applied for CIC..

JPMH_CEC_2013

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with file
So, I emailed CPC yesterday and got an email saying that my "application is in process in Ottawa". Last time when I e-mailed then they said that my application is in queue and yet to be reviewed.

So, is this any kind of progress?????