+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC applicant moving from Vancouver to Montreal

balaprasad123

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Submitted PR docs under CEC on may 25.
Came to Vancouver as student in sep 2015 then started working in Vancouver from sep 2016 to April 2018.So based on these I got invitation for PR.
Now I am in visitor status and out of work.Meanwhile I accepted a job offer from Montreal.Currently LMIA process is going on and will get work permit by June end.
Mentioned my Vancouver address as my mailing address in PR.
Now my question is will I face any issues with my PR application since I am going to reside in Montreal.I know it depends on VO but like to get ppls advice.

Thanks in advance

Adjo

Jan 11, 2018
please let me know, I'm kinda in the same situation. I applied for PR through CEC in Toronto waiting to be invited. In the meantime I also got an admission in Montréal because I'm planning to go back to school in September. I'm worried that my PR will be rejected in case I move to QC:(

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Both of you guys. Wait for your PR before moving. If the VO finds you are currently working in Quebec, it can lead to complications like proving your intention not to reside in Quebec and all. Why create unnecessary complications. I am a victim of Quebec's messed up immigration process. Made a mistake of accepting job offer in Quebec while I could have accepted offers from other provinces.

DON'T DO IT WILL BE MY SUGGESTION.

Adjo

Jan 11, 2018
Both of you guys. Wait for your PR before moving. If the VO finds you are currently working in Quebec, it can lead to complications like proving your intention not to reside in Quebec and all. Why create unnecessary complications. I am a victim of Quebec's messed up immigration process. Made a mistake of accepting job offer in Quebec while I could have accepted offers from other provinces.

DON'T DO IT WILL BE MY SUGGESTION.
Thanks for your advise but I’m not going there to work. I’m going there to study. I think it’s different in that case

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Thanks for your advise but I’m not going there to work. I’m going there to study. I think it’s different in that case
If its difference in that case, then why are you worried your PR will get rejected ?.
Go ahead and move to Montreal and let us know about your progress so that others will find it useful.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
If you have time, go thru the below link.

https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/doc/2016/2016fc131/2016fc131.html?resultIndex=1

I. NATURE OF THE MATTER
[subsection 75(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, SOR/2002-227 [the Regulations], she lacked the intention to reside outside of Quebec.

[2] The Applicant, however, maintains that she intended at all times to permanently reside in Brampton, Ontario, and is only in Quebec on a study permit to complete her PhD at McGill University. Her application for judicial review will be granted for the reasons below.