+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicant - Marriage Docs ( Pakistan)

blazin123

Jun 29, 2015
Hi !

I recently applied through Express Entry and have got an ITA through CEC

I was married in 2013 ( Only Nikkah and a very small ceremony). My wife's passport states that i am her husband. ( Plus her NIC as well)

I cam to canada to study in 2015 and had clearly mentioned that i was married. Same case for my work permit as well.

We have a normal long distance relationship and i have not been able to visit her often. We are holding off the rukhsati due to her education ( She wanted to complete her masters first) and since i was also studying here..

The questions is, will CIC ask me for proof of marriage?
I have seen a lot of questions here about spousal sponsorship where CIC requests for Proof of marriage...
Will they be asking me the same for CEC application?
If yes, what should i be providing them?

hussain-lala

Nov 7, 2013
You already have your name on her Passport. Beside nikkah Nama it’s better to get computerised marriage certificate from NADRA. In addition you can have FRC from NADRA which will show your parents, siblings and spouse names. That will be more than sufficient

Reactions: qureishi

tuba_jay

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Hi !

I recently applied through Express Entry and have got an ITA through CEC

I was married in 2013 ( Only Nikkah and a very small ceremony). My wife's passport states that i am her husband. ( Plus her NIC as well)

I cam to canada to study in 2015 and had clearly mentioned that i was married. Same case for my work permit as well.

We have a normal long distance relationship and i have not been able to visit her often. We are holding off the rukhsati due to her education ( She wanted to complete her masters first) and since i was also studying here..

The questions is, will CIC ask me for proof of marriage?
I have seen a lot of questions here about spousal sponsorship where CIC requests for Proof of marriage...
Will they be asking me the same for CEC application?
If yes, what should i be providing them?
Hello,
Did you apply EE? Please help if you did!

tuba_jay

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
I have a similar case.
We married in January 2019 and after 15 days my husband went back to canada and we are in long distance relationship till now. We are about to apply for EE.
i applied twiceearlier and both times showed my parent’s address as my current address..
Now we are quite confused that in address history which address should I show after nikkah date. If I dont show my husband’s address after that it means we didnt live together but we are showing as married..
I hope you understand the question..

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
I have a similar case.
We married in January 2019 and after 15 days my husband went back to canada and we are in long distance relationship till now. We are about to apply for EE.
i applied twiceearlier and both times showed my parent’s address as my current address..
Now we are quite confused that in address history which address should I show after nikkah date. If I dont show my husband’s address after that it means we didnt live together but we are showing as married..
I hope you understand the question..
I don't think so that's matter. I recently applied and have same case. I got married like 2 months ago and she is back home and I am in Canada. I applied under CEC Inland stream. Obviously who doesn't have Canadian visa won't be living in Canada so the wherever the person is living just mention that address.
When entering addresses in address history, just think as an individual address history.
To proof your relationship, you need marriage certificate and nikka nama. Also photos would be great.

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
Did you add photos?
ithought we dont need to add photos to express entry application..
Initially you don't need to but sometimes they ask. I actually forget to add but if they will ask, I will give them.
My wife's address is her home address in Pakistan. I did not use my address as her address since she is not in Canada.
Recently I received biometric request with her name but my Canadian address on it. This may be because as they expect couple are living together OR I am the primary applicant.

tuba_jay

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Initially you don't need to but sometimes they ask. I actually forget to add but if they will ask, I will give them.
My wife's address is her home address in Pakistan. I did not use my address as her address since she is not in Canada.
Recently I received biometric request with her name but my Canadian address on it. This may be because as they expect couple are living together OR I am the primary applicant.
So it means in her address history , your address is not there at all?
sorry for asking again because we are really worried. Some ppl say this might shoe that we are not ruksatified.

tuba_jay

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Also I ma not saying to show my address for the time he is living in canada.
i also because we have got two refusals earlier so I am so we are kinda extra worried.

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
So it means in her address history , your address is not there at all?
sorry for asking again because we are really worried. Some ppl say this might shoe that we are not ruksatified.
In her address history I have not mentioned my any address. We just had a Nikka. I couldn't mention my address anyway because it will be a Canadian address.
Ruksati is just a function. Legally you are married and your marriage certificate from Nadra proves that.
They could ask more documents to prove your marriage is not fake but other than that I don't think so there is any problem and I am sure we are not the first one who are applying in this situation.
If two people who are in relationship but living in different country and they are married I don't think so there should be any problem.

I don't know your immigration history about refusal but yea that's all I can say.

tuba_jay

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
In her address history I have not mentioned my any address. We just had a Nikka. I couldn't mention my address anyway because it will be a Canadian address.
Ruksati is just a function. Legally you are married and your marriage certificate from Nadra proves that.
They could ask more documents to prove your marriage is not fake but other than that I don't think so there is any problem and I am sure we are not the first one who are applying in this situation.
If two people who are in relationship but living in different country and they are married I don't think so there should be any problem.

I don't know your immigration history about refusal but yea that's all I can say.
Yeah thanks.
One more thing, which address she has on her NIC? And did she change her passport ?

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
Yeah thanks.
One more thing, which address she has on her NIC? And did she change her passport ?
I changed her CNIC. So my Pakistan address and husband name on it. If they ask, I will give them but I did this after submitting my application. Again they don't ask for CNIC. I get her police certificate on her old address before I changed her CNIC.
There is no address on her Passport. There is a father name on her Passport and not mine. Again she had her passport before the marriage which is still valid. Doesn't matter my name on it. Most of the countries doesn't even print husband name on passport.

Reactions: tuba_jay