+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cdn girl sponsoring dutch guy...inland or outland?

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
Hi Can anyone please help me. HELP...............................................

Just a synopsis of my case, my common law partner and I are from the same country but she is a canadian citizen, we are the same age and she is currently in school and working part time while i work full time.
I want to apply for PR under the common law sponsorship. Could you please tell me the supporting documents that I need for this application. Do you know of certain redflags that CIC looks out for.
Do you think that it is a good idea to hire an immigration lawyer cos i have no time to fill the forms?
If my sponsor is not making a lot of money, can this hindder the application. Does anyone know the refusal rate for common law sponsorship because i qualify for PNP as i just finished my masters degree in canada.

Please I need advise cos i do not want to make mistakes. I plan on applying in buffalo cos i heared outland is faster and I currently in Canada. I am due to apply now but i dont want to send my application before i reveive advise, please if you have a professional advise you could give it to me. Supporting documents is more important to me.

Thank you

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Are you a US citizen or currently living in the US?

All the forms are online. I didnt hire an immigration lawyer, I just read everything carefully.
If you dont have the time to fill out thr forms, I'm nto sure this process is for you. It takes lots of time!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

tommytee

Aug 27, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2012
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Hi,

I don't know how old your boyfriend is, but if he is under 30, he could apply for a Working Holiday Visa. That enables him to work for the period you are applying for a PR. That's how I'm planning to work in Canada when my girlfriend (Canadian) and me (Dutch) are going to apply next year.

Other question: during Inland, after you received AIP, do you have to apply for extension of status as a visitor? Or does AIP automatically means you can stay until your application comes through?

tommytee

Aug 27, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2012
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Also, I just found out from an immigration lawyer, that if you DO NOT include your OWP application with your PR application, but send it ONLINE separate a few days after you PR application, you are likely to get your OWP in a few months.

Including your OWP with PR application was done in the past because CIC was backed up with the working permits. By including it they would process it at the same time. Therefore, you were sure to get your OWP after the first stage. Now that they are not taking that long anymore on working permits, applying for your OWP separately will get your boyfriend an OWP faster.

I hope this helps