+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA Report

sushmet

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Hi,

I have noticed that people are submitting the CBSA report with Citizenship application. As of now, I had only 1 entry exit in last 3 years and beside that I renewed PR card recently, and CIC (PR card renewal department) must have ordered it from CBSA. Anyway, I plan to submit all pages of passport and employment letters and rent agreements etc. to support my residence in Canada and submit application without CBSA report.

Can I submit the CBSA report after getting my File Number? Can I do it that way?

Please advise.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sushmet said:
Hi,

I have noticed that people are submitting the CBSA report with Citizenship application. As of now, I had only 1 entry exit in last 3 years and beside that I renewed PR card recently, and CIC (PR card renewal department) must have ordered it from CBSA. Anyway, I plan to submit all pages of passport and employment letters and rent agreements etc. to support my residence in Canada and submit application without CBSA report.

Can I submit the CBSA report after getting my File Number? Can I do it that way?

Please advise.
Buddy you are overthinking. Let CIC work their own way to get CBSA records. In the application, just give consent to them to search CBSA records.
Sending extra documents won't harm but it can make them suspicious as well they why are you sending the documents that has not been asked.
If they have doubt about your eligibility, they will still send you a RQ regardless of what you send with the initial application.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
One thing to add, if you are in doubt, you can order CBSA records for yourself and after 30 days, once you get the records, just cross check your dates and then submit the application.

sushmet

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
thecoolguysam said:
Buddy you are overthinking. Let CIC work their own way to get CBSA records. In the application, just give consent to them to search CBSA records.
Sending extra documents won't harm but it can make them suspicious as well they why are you sending the documents that has not been asked.
If they have doubt about your eligibility, they will still send you a RQ regardless of what you send with the initial application.
I understand your point. But whole point is to avoid RQ. By the way, how long one's application gets delayed if you get RQ?

sushmet

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
thecoolguysam said:
One thing to add, if you are in doubt, you can order CBSA records for yourself and after 30 days, once you get the records, just cross check your dates and then submit the application.
I am pretty confident about my dates (assuming date on Passports and Actual record are same). Beside I provided same dates for PR card renewal and it was renewed without any hassel. So I assume I am OK there.

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Hi sushmet, I recommend you not to request the the CBSA report as it is mentioned on the citizenship application under as it is mentioned on the fifth page of the citizenship application under question 9D a sentence saying"PLEASE DONT CONTACT THE CBSA TO REQUEST THE HISTORY OF YOUR ENTRIES"

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sushmet said:
I understand your point. But whole point is to avoid RQ. By the way, how long one's application gets delayed if you get RQ?
6-12 months or can be more

Again, if RQ is bound to happen, even sending additional documentation won't work.

My suggestion would be that try to fill the main application as accurately and cleanly as possible. That is the 1st step to avoid RQ

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
toshib said:
Hi sushmet, I recommend you not to request the the CBSA report as it is mentioned on the citizenship application under as it is mentioned on the fifth page of the citizenship application under question 9D a sentence saying"PLEASE DONT CONTACT THE CBSA TO REQUEST THE HISTORY OF YOUR ENTRIES"
Yes, that is true. However, you can order CBSA records for yourself. Don't send it to CIC.

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
If you want you can submit record of travel from pervious countries of residence in the last 4 years as a proof to CIC that you were in Canada

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sushmet said:
I am pretty confident about my dates (assuming date on Passports and Actual record are same). Beside I provided same dates for PR card renewal and it was renewed without any hassel. So I assume I am OK there.
Make sure the data including all the data from your PR card application matches with Citizenship application (wherever applicable) to ensure that there is no discrepancy.

People order CBSA records to check and match their entries/exits to other countries including canada. Some people have reported missing entries in this forum(happens rare). If that happens with you, then you can have it corrected beforehand and then send your application to CIC for processing. I am not sure if people can get missing entries corrected or not but atleast you can gather proof that you were in Canada.

sushmet

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
toshib said:
A newbie has solved a mystery. Thanks to toshib. Wow this is really wonderful. toship please publish this in forum for whoever thinks CBSA report should be submitted. Following is official statement from CIC.

"PLEASE DONT CONTACT THE CBSA TO REQUEST THE HISTORY OF YOUR ENTRIES"

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sushmet said:
A newbie has solved a mystery. Thanks to toshib. Wow this is really wonderful. toship please publish this in forum for whoever thinks CBSA report should be submitted. Following is official statement from CIC.

"PLEASE DONT CONTACT THE CBSA TO REQUEST THE HISTORY OF YOUR ENTRIES"
Everyone knows that it is mentioned in application to not contact CBSA for your entries. I hope you have also read it in the application itself. This is ongoing topic since quite a while.

Again, I am saying you can order CBSA records for your validation not for CIC. CIC has not asked you to send CBSA records.

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushmet said:
Under new process RQ does not delay the application much
One of my friend got RQ and he replied in few weeks. Within couple of weeks after submitting RQ, he got test invite
It is incredible. He applied in May and got RQ in sept. And his test is in this week.

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
I read from another forum that CBSA makes the officers happy, although some people have different idea. I ordered my CBSA and I gave it to officer in my interview, she was pleased and said see you in ceremony. What I observed made me believe that having CBSA with you in the interview might be a good idea.