+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA Invitation letter - H&C Approval and Spousal Sponsorship in process

Jan 7, 2016
Hi,

My Background:
My father in law filled a refugee case in 2003 and my husband came to canada and joined his case as a minor (10 years old). Their refugee claim was denied in ~2006 and they applied for H&C. And we got married in 2013 and applied for Spousal Sponsorship (I am a born Canadian). Our application was received in Jan 2014 and in June 2015 the we received a letter that our file was moved to local CIC office, and since then we are waiting to hear anything regarding spousal application.

In May 2015 my husband's H&C application got movement, and they got the Approval for the H&C and their Medical and Finger prints process started. They had just recently sent their employment confirmation and copies of passports. This is probably the last thing they would ask and should be making the final decisions on this soon.

However, today we received a letter from CBSA to come meet them to "Update, Review and Discuss our case" in a month from now. And the letter also states that "No interpreter will be provided for this Interview". Is this a spousal interview invitation? or is it PRAA?

We are worried about this, as to why they need to meet us. Could this be PRAA? Are we at risk of loosing and my husband having to go back to home country?

And we are also pregnant and are expecting in july. We don't want to stress about this immigration stuff right now but its really bothering us. Anyone has any ideas as to what his could be for?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Jan 7, 2016
One thing i forgot to mention is that, this invitation letter is sent to my husband only. And not his parents. This would mean that CBSA intended to meet my husband regarding the spousal case? and not his H&C?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
sabrinaparsons said:
One thing i forgot to mention is that, this invitation letter is sent to my husband only. And not his parents. This would mean that CBSA intended to meet my husband regarding the spousal case? and not his H&C?
CBSA has nothing todo with spousal cases, all PR applications are handled by CIC and it is your local CIC office who is responsible for any interview to be conducted for your spousal case. what is your husband's current status in canada? did he submitted a PRRA application before? you wrote cbsa has mentioned "Update, Review and Discuss our case" which case is this which your husband already have under process or pending with CBSA?

Jan 7, 2016
kriv said:
CBSA has nothing todo with spousal cases, all PR applications are handled by CIC and it is your local CIC office who is responsible for any interview to be conducted for your spousal case. what is your husband's current status in canada? did he submitted a PRRA application before? you wrote cbsa has mentioned "Update, Review and Discuss our case" which case is this which your husband already have under process or pending with CBSA?
No my husband never applied prra. His h&c got approved before. And that's currently under process as well. He currently has 2 files under process. H&c is most probably at the end as we have provided them everything and spousal application is at the local office stage. This is why we think this could be because of the spousal file as the last letter from cic noted that we will be contacted by the local office soon.

We think this meeting/interview is not because of the h&c as this letter is only sent to my husband and not his parents. His h&c is part of his parents file.

But the weird thing is that the file number on the invitation letter is different than spousal and h&c. Could this be their internal file number?

But another thing is that he is the only one who has a valid passport under the h&c application. This is also worrying us.

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
I am sorry but just questions to be clear :
Your husband was denied on refugee case in 2006 and you said after in 2015 he get H&C letter of approval...
What the status he had/has between 2006 - 2015 if no status that mean he is under warrant order for deportation? and what kind of approval letter you husband has exactly received from CIC ?

Thanks,
Regards
DHudson.

Jan 7, 2016
Dhudson said:
I am sorry but just questions to be clear :
Your husband was denied on refugee case in 2006 and you said after in 2015 he get H&C letter of approval...
What the status he had/has between 2006 - 2015 if no status that mean he is under warrant order for deportation? and what kind of approval letter you husband has exactly received from CIC ?

Thanks,
Regards
DHudson.

He had applied for h&c along with his parents. So I guess his status was denied refugee and waiting for h&c.

He didn't have to do PRA and nor did he havr any deportation or warrants against him.

In 2015 they got an approval for h&c saying that we will consider your application and make a final decision.

And since then they have request medical, finger prints, passports (which CBSA themself returned it) and employment letters and the pr fees

According to our lawyer we are at the end and should be hearing from cic regarding their decision now very soon.

But this letter we got is only named to him and not his parents. And the file number doesn't match his h&c application or spousal application. That's what's worrying us.

However we just found out that there are a lot of ppl who are asked to come in for an interview now in the month of Jan and Feb to their local CBSA office.