+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA history of entry/exit

mapleleaf0

Dec 26, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am counting my days to meet my residency obligations, but since i have only stamps on entering Canada, i want to make sure, where can i request my exact dates of leaving Canada, so i know exactly how many days i have, and my travelling was mostly to Europe, do you think the CBSA will have and will be able to send me all the dates of leaving Canada? (i have the dates of entry on my stamps on my passport). And if anyone knows where can i request that kind of information.

Thank you,

mapleleaf0

Dec 26, 2013
Are you sure about that? I have my dates of entry on my passport with a Canadian stamp, i need the dates of exits, i pretty close with them but i want to know the exact dates, since they are from 2009, 2010. Anyone knows where to get them?

mapleleaf0

Dec 26, 2013
Thank you Dejavuu, Anyone else any other opinion if i can and where to get my exact dates of exiting Canada?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Where did you go when you left Canada? Did you get stamps in your passport when you arrived there FROM Canada? That would be where I would look since Canada apparently does not keep track of your exit behavior.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mapleleaf0 said:
Thank you Dejavuu, Anyone else any other opinion if i can and where to get my exact dates of exiting Canada?
How did you book your flights? You should have records of e-tickets, travel itineraries, emails from any travel agents you used etc, unless you delete all of your emails. Did you keep any of your boarding passes?

mapleleaf0

Dec 26, 2013
For my flights back in 2009 and 2010 i cant find my emails from my tickets, i know the month that i have left but i want to be right and correct with the exact date for my pr card renewal, and i travelled to my home country in Europe, they dont put stamps when i enter, it an biometric passport its all through computer, and another thing the immigration officer upon entering Canada told me that i have days of residency and should apply for renewal, in my calculation i need one more
Month, and in March i have to go back to look after my grandfather with alzhemiers disease since all my family is here. So what do you suggest should i listen to the immigration officer and apply since she told me i have days or wait? (Do they see that on their computer)

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are missing a month according to your calculations, you should not believe an immigration officer telling you that you have enough time. The immigration officer may have been mistaken and when you apply to renew your PR card, the person processing your application may dig deeper and find that you are indeed missing 1 month.

Ask the immigration or other authority in your home country if they scan your passport and if they can give you info on your entries. If you have travelled through the US on your way home, you can also get the info from the US, see https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/976

You should also order your CBSA record and see what it says.

mapleleaf0

Dec 26, 2013
I have my residency days, but what i havent seen on this forum lets say worst case scenario i lose my pr status if i travel before its renewed, i was sponsored by my family we all live in Canada, is it possible for me to get responsored, and what is the chance i get approved? Any cases like that?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mapleleaf0 said:
For my flights back in 2009 and 2010 i cant find my emails from my tickets, i know the month that i have left but i want to be right and correct with the exact date for my pr card renewal, and i travelled to my home country in Europe, they dont put stamps when i enter, it an biometric passport its all through computer, and another thing the immigration officer upon entering Canada told me that i have days of residency and should apply for renewal, in my calculation i need one more
Month, and in March i have to go back to look after my grandfather with alzhemiers disease since all my family is here. So what do you suggest should i listen to the immigration officer and apply since she told me i have days or wait? (Do they see that on their computer)

Thanks
If you always traveled to your home European Country (EC) each time you left Canada then your EC entries will approximate to your Canada exits taking into account time differences between which region of Canada you departed from (EST,MST,PST etc) and EC (GMT, GMT+1 etc). If your EC is part of the EU then there are requirements for data collection and storage. Contact the border agency of your EC and ask for your entry/exit data - this is sometimes referred to as a movement record. If you are ok to reveal the EC then someone here may have requested the same data and can guide you.

mapleleaf0

Dec 26, 2013
My country is not in the european union, so i don't think someone will give me that kind of info, i have stamps on my entry to each time i entered Canada, i also have on stamp on exit on Heathrow airport one time i left, i also have everything the for the time being here, i have taxes for all years, i went to doctors, dentists, bank statements my family also lives here, you think that should be ok?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mapleleaf0 said:
I have my residency days, but what i havent seen on this forum lets say worst case scenario i lose my pr status if i travel before its renewed, i was sponsored by my family we all live in Canada, is it possible for me to get responsored, and what is the chance i get approved? Any cases like that?
If you are visa exempt to Canada, you would always be able to return even without a PR card, just as long as you explain to immigration when you enter that your PR card is expired and you haven't renewed yet.

If you are not visa exempt, you would need a travel document to return which puts you in a worse position because immigration could decide that you are not getting it which could prevent you from returning and you could lose your PR without being able to return.

If you do manage to enter, immigration can report you on entry if they believe that you did not meet the RO (residency obligation) and if they do, it is up to you to prove that they are wrong if you want to keep your PR. Such an appeal can take 12-18 months.

The problem with applying not knowing your exact travel days is that you do not know what immigration knows. They do have access to airline passenger lists when they want to (I have heard of people coming to interviews where immigration had all their entry and exit dates) and so if you guess a date and immigration has access to some info that shows them that your date is wrong, they may well decide to scrutinize your application in which case it will take forever to process.

Worst case, if you do lose your PR, being sponsored again depends on if you still qualify. If you were sponsored by your spouse or even if you weren't but you currently do have a spouse who is Canadian or PR and lives in Canada and meets the RO, your spouse could sponsor you. However, if you were sponsored as a dependent child, you might not meet the requirements to be considered a dependent child any more.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mapleleaf0 said:
My country is not in the european union, so i don't think someone will give me that kind of info, i have stamps on my entry to each time i entered Canada, i also have on stamp on exit on Heathrow airport one time i left, i also have everything the for the time being here, i have taxes for all years, i went to doctors, dentists, bank statements my family also lives here, you think that should be ok?
Many countries including non EU store records of entry. Contact the embassy of your home country or the equivalent of the CBSA back home for the data. If you don't want/cant/ wont obtain it then put approximate dates but this opens you up to being RQ'd for both PR Card and Citizenship applications because the burden of proof for residence is always on the applicant.

Doctor and dentists visits are good proof of active residence. Bank statements and NOAs (Tax) are not conclusive evidence of presence as you can have these without being in Canada but depending on the nature of your job could be considered e.g. your job is a 9-5, Mon-Fri clearly based in Canada such as a bus driver and you are paid bi-weekly with direct deposits matching bank statement figures. If you are a self employed IT consultant that can work remotely then for all CIC know you could be back home and your statements and taxes mean nada!

As per Leon being visa exempt helps but I'm not aware of any visitor visa exempt European Country that is not in the EU.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
As per Leon being visa exempt helps but I'm not aware of any visitor visa exempt European Country that is not in the EU.
At least these: Norway, Iceland and Switzerland as well as the micro-states of Andorra, Lichtenstein, San Marino and Monaco.