+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[CBC]Skilled immigrants struggle to find jobs

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
Uhm what? did you read my comments? Why would I have any problem with degrees? I myself have two as well. I just pity for people choosing wrong majors and now complaining that they cannot find jobs.
okay buddy but there no need to descriminate people who can not find a job, it is not their fault, the governmet say they can apply knowing the degree they have and telling them that there are jobs for them, and then they find something different over there is another story. many of the people have famillies and have invested time,money and ressorces to get there. i think it is more difficult to find a job when you have a profession that is regulated. just beacuse it is not in demand it does not mean there are not jobs. and just beacuse they studied something different from trades doesnt mean that person does not deserve a chance,yes they have the right to protest they are residents

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betty44 said:
okay buddy but there no need to descriminate people who can not find a job, it is not their fault, the governmet say they can apply knowing the degree they have and telling them that there are jobs for them, and then they find something different over there is another story. many of the people have famillies and have invested time,money and ressorces to get there. i think it is more difficult to find a job when you have a profession that is regulated. just beacuse it is not in demand it does not mean there are not jobs. and just beacuse they studied something different from trades doesnt mean that person does not deserve a chance,yes they have the right to protest they are residents
I don't discriminate anyone or any job or any major. I just want to point out that it's a foolish move to immigrate to a new country half the world away from your home where the job market doesn't need your skills. However, at the end, the fault is with the Express Entry system where it doesn't set a regulation on each occupation, it just allows everyone to get in and now most of them are in limbo, working dead end jobs.

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
I live here for 3 years and even with Forenign University Degree I'm still in a "survival jobs" If you dont have Canadian Studies is very very difficult to find a good job. So I'm saving money to go to college next year. Its not only the language but also the Canadian Experience, thats the most important to hire you. My wife she went to college and she is working in a NOC B job in Finances.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jfalvitez said:
I live here for 3 years and even with Forenign University Degree I'm still in a "survival jobs" If you dont have Canadian Studies is very very difficult to find a good job. So I'm saving money to go to college next year. Its not only the language but also the Canadian Experience, thats the most important to hire you. My wife she went to college and she is working in a NOC B job in Finances.
would you say someone with a canadian degree in psychology or MBA may find a job in canada after graduate? or no job still with a canadian degree?

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
I don't discriminate anyone or any job or any major. I just want to point out that it's a foolish move to immigrate to a new country half the world away from your home where the job market doesn't need your skills. However, at the end, the fault is with the Express Entry system where it doesn't set a regulation on each occupation, it just allows everyone to get in and now most of them are in limbo, working dead end jobs.
i work in canada and yes my home is half of the world and better yet the market says my occupation is not in demand. ;D
i think we may be dealing with a credentials issue? well. i didnt have any problem with my education degree. but still respect those who are trying to make a living out of theirs skills and live the canadian dream :)

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
betty44 said:
would you say someone with a canadian degree in psychology or MBA may find a job in canada after graduate? or no job still with a canadian degree?

I can't be sure! No depends of me. BUT, with a canadian degree your chances are higher to get a job, without a Canadian Degree, "survival jobs" is the way to start in Canada, I'm realistic I only know one friends who start in Canada working as same job as her country, but she is the only one. But many people I know have start working in a factory or cleaning or at supermarket, but then in some years they got better jobs.

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
I did my Bachelors (UCL) and Masters (Imperial) in the UK. I worked for 3 years in the UK R&D (At point when everyone was saying UK is in recession, my first job)! and the when I moved back to my home country (India), I was easily able to enter consulting, market research and strategy!

I do agree its really important to see that your skills are required in that country! and Getting a job is not very easy specially when jobs are scare and it is entirely a new country for any immigrant to adjust. I also agree on the opinion Canada like Australia also need to do some rationing. Canada at no point can't keep accepting applications from IT/ Strategy Consultants (or whatever field where there are no jobs available) when they are not enough jobs!

As far as Canadian Experience is concerned, is Canadian Experience different from UK, US or India. Broadly "NO", may be on micro level "YES"! I think it all comes down to Skills, Capabilities, Networking (Key Word), Experience, Number of Jobs, Type of Talent Pool and then probably at end type of experience (Canadian or otherwise)

In my opinion, in case I get a PR, I would see what are my chances of getting a job in Canada before moving. Its not at all worth to leave $48,000 job in India to do freelancing or do very low / low skilled jobs in Canada. Also I don't think its even worth to go for $60,000-$70,000 job.

So its all about stuff I mentioned above and at end if at all related to Canadian Work / Study Ex!

Obviously people there could tell better. This is all I think I know when it comes to job search in new country

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jfalvitez said:
I can't be sure! No depends of me. BUT, with a canadian degree your chances are higher to get a job, without a Canadian Degree, "survival jobs" is the way to start in Canada, I'm realistic I only know one friends who start in Canada working as same job as her country, but she is the only one. But many people I know have start working in a factory or cleaning or at supermarket, but then in some years they got better jobs
yes, survivals jobs are there at least to gain the canadian experience and move forward sometimes specially as an immigrant we have to start from scratch just because we had a good paying job in our home ciuntry does mean we will have it in another country without havent work for it.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
betty44 said:
yes, survivals jobs are there at least to gain the canadian experience and move forward sometimes specially as an immigrant we have to start from scratch just because we had a good paying job in our home ciuntry does mean we will have it in another country without havent work for it.
u should be careful with survival jobs its a trap u get sucked into those jobs and then finding a job in ur field becomes difficult so yes start from scratch but try to find jobs in ur field so the experience counts. Example if ur an accountant dont work in a tim hortans serving coffee atleast not for a long time, short time is ok. Try to find entry level as an accountant or in an accounting firm so it builds up on ur resume.

CADparity

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
msudershan2 said:
I did my Bachelors (UCL) and Masters (Imperial) in the UK. I worked for 3 years in the UK R&D (At point when everyone was saying UK is in recession, my first job)! and the when I moved back to my home country (India), I was easily able to enter consulting, market research and strategy!

I do agree its really important to see that your skills are required in that country! and Getting a job is not very easy specially when jobs are scare and it is entirely a new country for any immigrant to adjust. I also agree on the opinion Canada like Australia also need to do some rationing. Canada at no point can't keep accepting applications from IT/ Strategy Consultants (or whatever field where there are no jobs available) when they are not enough jobs!

As far as Canadian Experience is concerned, is Canadian Experience different from UK, US or India. Broadly "NO", may be on micro level "YES"! I think it all comes down to Skills, Capabilities, Networking (Key Word), Experience, Number of Jobs, Type of Talent Pool and then probably at end type of experience (Canadian or otherwise)

In my opinion, in case I get a PR, I would see what are my chances of getting a job in Canada before moving. Its not at all worth to leave $48,000 job in India to do freelancing or do very low / low skilled jobs in Canada. Also I don't think its even worth to go for $60,000-$70,000 job.

So its all about stuff I mentioned above and at end if at all related to Canadian Work / Study Ex!

Obviously people there could tell better. This is all I think I know when it comes to job search in new country
Good luck. I hope you manage to get PR. You have degrees from some of the best universities in the world, so hopefully you won't have much trouble getting a good job in Canada.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
u should be careful with survival jobs its a trap u get sucked into those jobs and then finding a job in ur field becomes difficult so yes start from scratch but try to find jobs in ur field so the experience counts. Example if ur an accountant dont work in a tim hortans serving coffee atleast not for a long time, short time is ok. Try to find entry level as an accountant or in an accounting firm so it builds up on ur resume.
survivals jobs should be the last option. But of course after you have been looking for jobs in your field if you are not able to find anything you have to take the survival job cuz money runs out. Your proof of funds is not going to last forever

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
betty44 said:
survivals jobs should be the last option. But of course after you have been looking for jobs in your field if you are not able to find anything you have to take the survival job cuz money runs out. Your proof of funds is not going to last forever
true but be careful and not lose focus I have seen so many people have engineering degree and are stuck working at walmart or tims