+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Carrying Someone else's PR Card

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
One of my friend is going to land next month but will leave in 1 month, I know if there is a problem with photo or something he needs to be present here but he is wiling to take that risk.

My question is : If his PR Card arrives safely to my address here can i take his pr card with me as i am planning to go on vacation in 3-4 months. I am planning to get an original authorization letter signed from him as well -

Any ideas if there is no issue carrying his PR card (along with the authorization letter) ?

immigrant1

Jun 3, 2013
muzmil said:
One of my friend is going to land next month but will leave in 1 month, I know if there is a problem with photo or something he needs to be present here but he is wiling to take that risk.

My question is : If his PR Card arrives safely to my address here can i take his pr card with me as i am planning to go on vacation in 3-4 months. I am planning to get an original authorization letter signed from him as well -

Any ideas if there is no issue carrying his PR card (along with the authorization letter) ?
why do feel there is an issue with that? nobody will ask you if you are carrying someone's pr card or not - when you travel.

Reactions: talhahafeez

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
immigrant1 said:
why do feel there is an issue with that? nobody will ask you if you are carrying someone's pr card or not - when you travel.
Well i am trying to make sure it is legal or not , because during scan they can spot presence of PR card i guess.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I'm pretty sure it is fine. I'm not aware of any rule that says you can't. Anyway it is a common suggestion for people who are out of the country when the PR card arrives, to have someone mail it or hand deliver it to them.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will be ok as you have an authorization letter - make sure it has both of your pertinent details i.e. DOB, addresses, contact numbers and details of relevant ID e.g. DL, passport etc.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, please share if there is any sample format for the authorization letter?
You realized you replied in a thread 3 years ago? You don't need any authorization letter to carry someone else card.

syed_

May 20, 2017
You realized you replied in a thread 3 years ago? You don't need any authorization letter to carry someone else card.
Yes, i realized how old is the thread but still used it due to its relevance with the topic. If someone wants to use an authorization letter being on safer side, can you suggest a format that can be used?
Thanks.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, i realized how old is the thread but still used it due to its relevance with the topic. If someone wants to use an authorization letter being on safer side, can you suggest a format that can be used?
Thanks.
Compose it yourself.

Reactions: Buletruck

Priyank09

Jan 28, 2018
Hello guys can someone please share the authorization letter format which they have used in the past for Carrying Someone else's PR Card?

It will be really helpful for the people visiting to this thread.

Thank You.

fly_van

Star Member
May 3, 2020
in case worried so much about taking other's card, why not just send the card via registered mail to the person in other country directly. It doesn't cost a lot.

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hello guys can someone please share the authorization letter format which they have used in the past for Carrying Someone else's PR Card?

It will be really helpful for the people visiting to this thread.

Thank You.
What would be helpful is to read the comments: you DO NOT need any authorization letter. This question is simply a case of irrational anxiety.

If you still feel the necessity to have a letter to satisfy this anxiety, then make one up yourself. Since no one except you will read the letter, it doesn’t really matter what you put on it. Here’s an example:

Yo yo to whom it may concerns - what’s good boo-boo, how ya doin?

I hereby formally declare by the powers of the lord instated upon myself, that my friend, [insert full name with D.O.B, city born & passport number to be precise] shall be allowed to carry on their persons my pr card on the following days: [insert days]. This is total consent, no cap.

urs truly,
[insert PR card holder’s name]

n.b - pls dont arrest thx xx
Have a lawyer witness the drafting of the letter so it can be notarized.

Hope that helps! Good luck :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can get an email from your friend if you want. Would personally discourage keeping your friend’s PR card in your wallet with your ID. Would carry it in a separate envelope and you can add an email from your friend asking you to bring him/her the PR card if you want to include a letter.

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
It worked for us without any issues, no one asked for the authorization letter. If youre concerned just call the customs of where you will be arriving and ask if they really need it. I did and got the reply "that would be nice", in other words, they didn't really care.

Aishas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Hello friends I have already applied for the renewal of my pr card but now I am leaving the country and going back home country (Pakistan) I am wondering if my friend can bring that card when she will visit Pakistan after 3 months??? Please suggest asap
Thanks