+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

carrying gold

Steak

Feb 17, 2024
I gave my first entry in 2019 and then i moved back to dubai. From 2019 -2023 i entered in canada thrice but did not meet the residency obligation. So now my PR is expiring in july 2014 and i am coming back in end of may or june permanently. My questions are

1. I have gold which i have not declared at the first entry as we were living in dubai and we kept gold there. Many of gold we bought from dubai may be before my PR and i have receipt and plenty of gold are from my mother and from my early life for which i do not have receipt. What if i want to bring all gold. So do i need to tell them at the airport that these are gifts or what shall i do?
  2. Second question as my PR expiry in july so if i enter in the end of May or begining of june will they create any issue ? Thank you so much

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I gave my first entry in 2019 and then i moved back to dubai. From 2019 -2023 i entered in canada thrice but did not meet the residency obligation. So now my PR is expiring in july 2014 and i am coming back in end of may or june permanently. My questions are

1. I have gold which i have not declared at the first entry as we were living in dubai and we kept gold there. Many of gold we bought from dubai may be before my PR and i have receipt and plenty of gold are from my mother and from my early life for which i do not have receipt. What if i want to bring all gold. So do i need to tell them at the airport that these are gifts or what shall i do?
  2. Second question as my PR expiry in july so if i enter in the end of May or begining of june will they create any issue ? Thank you so much
You will have to download the BSF 186 form from the CBSA website, indicate yourself as settler and the estimate value of the gold (as gold jewelry). Present the form to the customs officer you meet at the airport.

Each time, you don't meet RO and cross a border, there always risk of being reported.

Steak

Feb 17, 2024
You will have to download the BSF 186 form from the CBSA website, indicate yourself as settler and the estimate value of the gold (as gold jewelry). Present the form to the customs officer you meet at the airport.

Each time, you don't meet RO and cross a border, there always risk of being reported.
thank you so much
I had no idea about this form but later what i understand that is a kind of declaration of the items which we are bringing and are going to be considered as tax free. correct me if i am wrong please.