+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Carrying CAD while making first entry to Canada

Rocky3604

Jun 29, 2018
Hi,

First of all let me thank this forum with whose help I was able to get the PR and am travelling this month.

I have a query regarding carrying cash. As per many discussions i saw that there is a limit to carry 10,000 CAD.

1. Is this limit per family? Since I am travelling with my wife and kid (that makes us 3 members) should i be bringing 19390 CAD as per below link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

2. Suppose if i bring forex card, do i need to declare it to immigration officer?

Please help me at the earliest so that i could plan it properly and wisely.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

First of all let me thank this forum with whose help I was able to get the PR and am travelling this month.

I have a query regarding carrying cash. As per many discussions i saw that there is a limit to carry 10,000 CAD.

1. Is this limit per family? Since I am travelling with my wife and kid (that makes us 3 members) should i be bringing 19390 CAD as per below link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

2. Suppose if i bring forex card, do i need to declare it to immigration officer?

Please help me at the earliest so that i could plan it properly and wisely.
There is no limit. You could bring a million dollars in cash if you want. You simply have to declare of over $10,000.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
So for more than 10000cad what should be the proofs that i need to show to the immigration officer?
Just make sure you declare any money above 10,000 at Port of entry. You will be asked to visit the customs officer. You should have proof of income ready but depending on the money you carry, they might not even ask for the proof. As per my knowledge 40,000 per couple is accepted without any proof.

Rocky3604

Jun 29, 2018
Just make sure you declare any money above 10,000 at Port of entry. You will be asked to visit the customs officer. You should have proof of income ready but depending on the money you carry, they might not even ask for the proof. As per my knowledge 40,000 per couple is accepted without any proof.
Do i need to declare my forex cards?