+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CARIBBEAN STUDENTS - STUDY PERMIT 2013

sgambino

Aug 7, 2013
Therisaw,
I know it's easier said than done, but don't worry too much about it. You prayed about it so leave it in God's hands. Just think about it this way, if you get through continue on with Plan A. If you don't get through, switch to Plan B. For me, what has worked is just thinking about your possible options and then whatever the response they give - that will determine your planned option instead of a knee-jerk or totally devastated reaction. ;)

Tek it easy. Happy 51st Independence.

sgambino

Aug 7, 2013
Hi Therisaw,
My brother got a response today but it's a No. They indicated insufficient funds to pay for his stay without working and his family ties to Canada gives them reason to believe he wont return.

Hope you have better luck ;). Remember whatever the response is God is in control!

Reshmie

May 14, 2013
My study permit was approved today. If anyone has questions for me, don't hesitate. Thank you to everyone who helped me and good luck to those who are still waiting for replies.

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
sgambino said:
Hi Therisaw,
My brother got a response today but it's a No. They indicated insufficient funds to pay for his stay without working and his family ties to Canada gives them reason to believe he wont return.

Hope you have better luck ;). Remember whatever the response is God is in control!
I'm really sorry to hear that. I can imagine how he must be feeling now. It is a scary thing when you have to wait on other persons decision to enhance your life.
I'm praying for the best. Next week Monday I should be getting a response, so I will update you.
Thanks again for the encouragement.

Ps. Reshmie. Congratulations! !!! Im supper happy for you! ! Just go and make the best of this opportunity.

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Guess what!!!!!!

After nine looong weeks I finally got the visa for myself and the open work permit for my spouse.
submitted June 24,2013- received it on August 27, 2013.
By the way, the visa does not have any picture in it.

Thank you guys very much for the support, I seriously couldn't have done it without you.

I'm so excited.

Now I need to find a place to live and book tickets, because my school starts September 5th.

Anyone have any questions I can assist with let me know.

Its my turn to give back now.

Flipz

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
Hi I am from Barbados, nice to see some Caribbean students. I am looking to apply for september 2014 intake, preferably to Fanshawe College in Electromechanical Engineering Technician. I'm 26 years old and Married. Have an Associate's Degree in Mathematics and IT way back in 2008. Been working at American Airlines since then. I know it's a little early to apply, but what d you guys think of my chances? BTW I have no family ties to Canada.

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Hi,
Its not too early. Normally, applications open from November to January for most schools. Do you have the requirements for the course?
How long is the course?
Do you have proof of funds forvthr school fee Plus $10, 000 extra?
Are you going to canada alone?

We are more than happy to assist.

Flipz

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
Hi
I have proof of funds and I would like my wife tobgo with me on qn an open work permit. She has a bachelor's in in management with psychology, so hopefully whe could get a decent job and we won't have to dent our savings that much.

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Thanks, but you forgot to answer some of the questions I asked. After you answer them we can assess the situation and advice.

Flipz

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
Also when the college asks for high school transcript do I actually need one(never heard of secondary schools here giving them out) or can I provide them with my cxc results?

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Talk to the admin of the school about which one tgey require, they will let you know which obe they want.
Why don't you apply for a bachelor degree. I have read on this forum that some people got turn down For applying for diploma, I'm not sure still, maybe they had a degree already.

Have you ever considered applying for a bachelor degree?

Flipz

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
Sorry for the late response. I have no real interest in the bachelor degree programs. The diploma program I am interested in is more hands on and practical.