+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Caregiver Training and Employment for Males

PaulSA89

Oct 12, 2013
Hello all!

I am very excited to post on here, as I have (for quite some time now) been thinking about living in Canada.

When it comes to the Caregiver Training, can you recommend any institutions which are well-known, and that could also assist me with finding an employer?

I am a 24 year old, white male from South Africa; I do not have any qualifications directly relating to care-giving. I am however, planning to do the 6 months training, and finding employment from there. I have certification in both Pilates and Holistic Massage, which I believe can be really beneficial when working with the elderly. I am fluent in English, and have always wanted to enhance my French!

I have a natural way of working with older people and children, and I love knowing that I can help better their lives somehow.

Can anyone provide me with more information regarding the processing time for study visas for me to do the training first, and then applying for the caregiver program? Can I do so directly after doing training and still being within Canada at the time?

I would really appreciate any help I can get!

Best regards,

Paul* ;D