+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Caregiver to PR to Citizenship applicant

kowloon

May 13, 2010
Hi,

I have worked as a caregiver then became a PR. I just want to ask if a Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) is still needed to apply for Canadian citizenship or will a photocopy of the PR Card suffice? I do not recall receiving either of the documents. Please help.

Thank you very much!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kowloon said:
Hi,

I have worked as a caregiver then became a PR. I just want to ask if a Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) is still needed to apply for Canadian citizenship or will a photocopy of the PR Card suffice? I do not recall receiving either of the documents. Please help.

Thank you very much!
Yes would need the photocopies of either Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) and both sides of your PR Card. You may explain why you don't have either document when submit your application to the CPC.

kowloon

May 13, 2010
Hi steaky,

Thank you for the heads up! Will do as advised. Hopefully, I will get things sorted out.

Thanks!

vinadam

Feb 25, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can also call immigration and ask a copy of those papers, they might have it..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kowloon said:
Hi steaky,

Thank you for the heads up! Will do as advised. Hopefully, I will get things sorted out.

Thanks!
1. As LCP I bet that you were "landed" in Canada after 2002 so you won't have an IMM 5292 as they are not issued to "in-Canada" applicants, and if it was after June/2002 when the last IMM 1000 was issued. So your PR card is all you have and the stamp in your passport when you were "landed" inland.