+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Care giver employer has changed her mind- will visa be cancelled?

Oct 14, 2013
Hello,

A friend of mine has just gotten her temporary work permit as a live-in caregiver. She is supposed to depart for canada next week. Her employer has gotten cold feet for some reason and may not want to have her after all. What are my friend's options? Will her visa be withdrawn? I can see a lot of info about changing jobs after arrival, but I can't see anything about the implications of a job offer being withdrawn. Can she just enter canada and then find another job?

thanks much,

-Dennis

cutenurse21

Oct 1, 2013
I think your friend need to talk to his/her employer. She/He can compromise. I have read in a forum about that. When you arrived to Canada, the Immigration officer will call your employer and if they learn that the employer doesn't need you, you don't have any choice but to go back to Phils.

Oct 14, 2013
Thanks for your reply-- i hadn't realized that they contact employer directly upon arrival.. When you say compromise, you are suggesting that the employer hire her on a short term basis or something so that she doesnt lose visa?

I also assume that if she were to find a different employer, that would mean new visa application, no?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
caregiverquestion said:
I also assume that if she were to find a different employer, that would mean new visa application, no?
Yes - new LMO and new visa application.

cutenurse21

Oct 1, 2013
caregiverquestion said:
Thanks for your reply-- i hadn't realized that they contact employer directly upon arrival.. When you say compromise, you are suggesting that the employer hire her on a short term basis or something so that she doesnt lose visa?
yes!