+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ refused. Now what?

MaanLi

Sep 22, 2017
Hello friends, my application for CAQ has been refused about two months ago. I was informed about refusal on call when i asked about the status of my application. Staff member told me that it is refused. But, i did not receive refusal letter yet. May i reapply for CAQ without refusal letter? Please guide me to next steps.

Binxia

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Montreal
Did they specify they refused or it is an intention of refusal??

Did you apply online? If so, you can view the refusal or the intention to refuse letter in your account. They don't send a letter by mail after refusal to my knowledge (well I don't get refusals...).

If you applied paper, ask them to send you the refusal letter again.

Do you know why you got refused? Was it your first CAQ or a renewal after you studied here?

If itvis a renewal, describe what you did in Quebec after you got your first CAQ.

I don't think it was your first CAQ application from outside of Canada. It's pretty hard to get refused in these cases since you only need to provide an admission letter, photo, copy of password and signed form.

MaanLi

Sep 22, 2017
Did they specify they refused or it is ...... an admission letter, photo, copy of password and signed form.
They didn't mention any reason. Applied online but they didn't post any refusal letter or refusal reason online. When asked them by email they again didn't provide any specific reason. Well, this is my first CAQ application and now reapplying. Please guide me, is there need to provide financial documents with first application?

tariqasghar2

Oct 24, 2012
My brother applied for student visa for Concordia university. His first application was refused due to finance. He applied again and was accepted by adding some financial documents like land ownership etc. I also had my first application due to finance. But was accepted the second time. You'll get visa after the second time with better financial proof (if your issue is financial).

Abishek123

Jul 16, 2018
Hello friends, my application for CAQ has been refused about two months ago. I was informed about refusal on call when i asked about the status of my application. Staff member told me that it is refused. But, i did not receive refusal letter yet. May i reapply for CAQ without refusal letter? Please guide me to next steps.
Manli , can you tell me one thing that did you get any refusal letter by mail. If yes then pls tell me in elaboration because i am suffering with same problem. I want to reapply caq but i m confused about mail regarding refusal which i don,t get yet. Pls help me.

bleyvamo

Sep 8, 2019
Hi.
I have applied online and I’ve been waiting for an answer I called a staff member too but that person told me my application was approved. How long did it take after you called the staff member who told you that your caq was rejected to get an answer for your application and know if it was really rejected?

Sorry if I’m asking this, but I’ve been calling them like crazy and they don’t offer a good service. I feel like I’m talking to the wall when I’m on the phone with one of the staff members