+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cannot link previous application: no applications matching the information

RogerShen

May 11, 2015
Hi,
I forgot my password to MyCIC and cannot retrieve through security questions. After registered a new account, I was trying to link the previous application to the new account. However, system shows "no applications matching the information". I'm pretty sure I entered information right as I copied info from IMM5257 form.

Anyone has similar issues?

Tried to contact (613) 944-4000 but always busy. question@cic.gc.ca or web-tech-support@cic.gc.ca or online question form never replied...

rar

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
Do you have an application in process? If not, then I don't think it is necessary to link applications...this is just my opinion

rar

RogerShen

May 11, 2015
Yep, it's in process. I think I got a message to request for Passport. But I have to log into the account to print out the request letter before sending the passport. That's where I got stuck

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
RogerShen said:
I forgot my password to MyCIC and cannot retrieve through security questions. After registered a new account, I was trying to link the previous application to the new account.
You can't do this. You can't be making references to an existing account, in fact you shouldn't even be able to create a new myCIC account using the same passport.

And yes if you lost your password and can't retrieve it then you will have to contact their support... and be super pacient.

gmumford3

Jun 2, 2015
I have the same problem and it is impossible to get in contact with them. The details I have entered are definitely correct.

Would love to know if you sorted it out.

Thanks

gmumford3

Jun 2, 2015
No chance! I would never get in if I apply again. It is way too late to do that! There must be a better way!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Sehru2015 said:
I have the same issue! Does anyone know what I can do...I am so desperate
Call them. That is the only thing you can do.

prathyu

Oct 20, 2015
RogerShen said:
Hi,
I forgot my password to MyCIC and cannot retrieve through security questions. After registered a new account, I was trying to link the previous application to the new account. However, system shows "no applications matching the information". I'm pretty sure I entered information right as I copied info from IMM5257 form.

Anyone has similar issues?

Tried to contact (613) 944-4000 but always busy. question@cic.gc.ca or web-tech-support@cic.gc.ca or online question form never replied...
Please let me know if you found any solution to this issue. I got my passport request and now I am unable to login or link my previous application. I have been trying to contact CIC about this for the last 2 months and getting a response/solution from them is close to impossible.
I finally gave up and applied for the second time. Got a call from delhi immigration saying, they would be withdrawing the second one since my first one is approved. Im stuck and dont know what else to do.
The only way left is to somehow get the first account unlocked. Kindly let me know if you have managed to get through the login/linking. Thank you!

prathyu

Oct 20, 2015
gmumford3 said:
No chance! I would never get in if I apply again. It is way too late to do that! There must be a better way!

Any update on the login issue? Kindly let me know if you have managed to fix it. Tried almost everything possible thing!

cinthiatr3

Apr 15, 2021
Please let me know if you found any solution to this issue. I got my passport request and now I am unable to login or link my previous application. I have been trying to contact CIC about this for the last 2 months and getting a response/solution from them is close to impossible.
I finally gave up and applied for the second time. Got a call from delhi immigration saying, they would be withdrawing the second one since my first one is approved. Im stuck and dont know what else to do.
The only way left is to somehow get the first account unlocked. Kindly let me know if you have managed to get through the login/linking. Thank you!
Hi! I am unable to link my account and my application is still in process. Could you let me know what you ended up doing?