+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cannot buy travel insurance for > 1 year??

haver

May 30, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gary, the Government requires a Super Visa insurance for one year but one of the companies we work with now offers monthly payments option to ease on the clients. What they get is a document that states that they have insurance for one year and that can be used to apply for the visa but the clients only for 2 months and once they arrive in Canada they start paying monthly.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I understand you correctly the client buys insurance for one month or two month gets the visa approved comes to Canada and stops paying without any problem and this complies with super visa requirements of one year of coverage.

Good Luck with deportations and Immigration Fraud

haver

May 30, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gary! The company that offers these monthly payments is one of the biggest insurance companies in Canada, so I doubt that they would offer it if it was not meeting the Government requirements. They provide the client with a pending policy and when the client enters Canada, they start charging them monthly for the remaining time. many of our clients are extremely happy to have that kind of option. I am sure, the rest of the Canadian companies will have the same plan in place very soon.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Insurance Companies make plans available they cannot regulate or monitor for the type of visa is used for. It is the clients and the brokers responsibility to buy the required coverage for the required period of time as legislated by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I made it clear I do not care what you do or how you run your business. In my prior email I asked you where on the Citizenship and Immigration website is buying insurance for one month (30 Days) or monthly same thing would comply with the Super Visa requirements for one year (365). The truth is you are perpetuating immigration fraud as most of these policies will simply lapse once the super visa is approved.

As far as it is offered by a big company, this has no bearing of the purpose of the insurance. Insurance companies do not set or legislate insurance requirements for a visa, Citizenship and Immigration does. It does not appear that you really care, let me remind you this is not like your country you are from Russia. Maybe this is the way business is does in your home county it is not the way business in Canada.

Please refrain from providing people with advice that is beyond the scope of the services and implying that purchasing a monthly plan (30 day or 60 coverage) complies with the super visa requirements of mandatory insurance coverage for one year (365 days). This is not true and is false information.

haver

May 30, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gary Goldshmidt said:
The Insurance Companies make plans available they cannot regulate or monitor for the type of visa is used for. It is the clients and the brokers responsibility to buy the required coverage for the required period of time as legislated by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I made it clear I do not care what you do or how you run your business. In my prior email I asked you where on the Citizenship and Immigration website is buying insurance for one month (30 Days) or monthly same thing would comply with the Super Visa requirements for one year (365). The truth is you are perpetuating immigration fraud as most of these policies will simply lapse once the super visa is approved.

As far as it is offered by a big company, this has no bearing of the purpose of the insurance. Insurance companies do not set or legislate insurance requirements for a visa, Citizenship and Immigration does. It does not appear that you really care, let me remind you this is not like your country you are from Russia. Maybe this is the way business is does in your home county it is not the way business in Canada.

Please refrain from providing people with advice that is beyond the scope of the services and implying that purchasing a monthly plan (30 day or 60 coverage) complies with the super visa requirements of mandatory insurance coverage for one year (365 days). This is not true and is false information.
Gary, you don’t have the contracts with Manulife Financial and 21st Century. This means that you don’t know their product well enough to make any decision. I got an official reply from General Manager of 21st Century that their product got an approval from Immigration as Super Visa insurance.
http://www.arbetovinsurance.com/monthly-payment-options-for-super-visa-starting-july-8th/

You are competing with my company in selling Super Visa and Visitors to Canada insurance.

Please stop public offence against me and my company; otherwise, I have to report to the licensing authorities.

As for the country of origin, I am from Ukraine. It is not a shame to be born in any country in the world. As I understood from your aggressive way of communication, you are from Russia. As a rule, peoples’ behavior has nothing to do with place of origin, but how they brought up (family, education, friends).

Canada is a good country to live in. I immigrated here 16 years ago with a feeling that nobody will blame me for where I am from. But you did. If you do it again, there would be some legal consequences. Nationality discrimination is a serious offence in Canada.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am happy for you I have relatives in Ukraine and deal with this community and I have also had the pleasure of cancelling contacts with some of my agents from this region. Can you please provide the letter you received from the Insurance Company stating that Citizenship Immigration Canada has approved monthly plans.

All your links are to your site I asked you specifically to provide a link to the Canadian Citizenship and Immigration website stating that monthly plans are permitted for a Super Visa Application. So far you have not replied, this is what people care about to comply with Super Visa medical insurance requirements. If you cannot provide this information than stop misleading people. What you choose to post on your website is of little concern to me or anyone applying for a Super Visa. Super Visa applicants need accurate information that complies with the Super Visa requirement of Citizenship and Immigration Canada not an insurance broker. If you claim you have this information from an insurance company and it has been approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada for monthly payment plans can you post this information.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is a link to an Insurance Company offering a monthly plan 21st Century.

http://en.fok.ca/wp-content/uploads/Super-Visa-Monthly-Payment-Option.pdf

Please note there is nothing in this document that states Citizenship and Immigration Canada has permitted insurance to be purchased for less than one year, or has amended legislation that specifically indicated that is it allowing for insurance to be purchased on installments. It does indicate that they are prepared to issue a one year policy that one can pay monthly. From my experience and what I advise my client's, you don't need a super visa for short term visits one can simply apply for a regular visitors visa valid for up to six month. While it is true a super visa medical insurance purchased for one year cost more up front since it has to paid for in one lump sum payment, paying monthly does not make it cheaper. In fact in some cases it is more expensive that other super visa plans from other insurers. Finally as with most visitors to Canada policies it is underwritten at time of claim (post claim underwriting) in effect you only know what is covered after you have a claim. There are only a few insurance companies that underwrite at time of application so you know up front before you buy a policy that the pre-existing conditions are insured. If the insurer excludes certain pre-existing conditions or denies your claim then the Canadian Host are personally liable to pay for for all medical expenses of their parents and/or grandparents.

For more on this topic CBC Marketplace Tripped Up - A must watch for anyone buying medical travel insurance
http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/Shows/Marketplace/Season+39/ID/2208633079/

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haver said:
Gary, you don't have the contracts with Manulife Financial and 21st Century. This means that you don't know their product well enough to make any decision. I got an official reply from General Manager of 21st Century that their product got an approval from Immigration as Super Visa insurance.
http://www.arbetovinsurance.com/monthly-payment-options-for-super-visa-starting-july-8th/

You are competing with my company in selling Super Visa and Visitors to Canada insurance.

Please stop public offence against me and my company; otherwise, I have to report to the licensing authorities.

As for the country of origin, I am from Ukraine. It is not a shame to be born in any country in the world. As I understood from your aggressive way of communication, you are from Russia. As a rule, peoples' behavior has nothing to do with place of origin, but how they brought up (family, education, friends).

Canada is a good country to live in. I immigrated here 16 years ago with a feeling that nobody will blame me for where I am from. But you did. If you do it again, there would be some legal consequences. Nationality discrimination is a serious offence in Canada.

My family roots are also from Ukraine I grew up in Canada with many friends from different nationalities so please I do not discriminate against anybody from any country, race or religion. I have many friends that are from China, Pakistan, India, Russia, Ukraine, Britain, Ireland, Australia, Jamaica, etc... What I do discriminate is some of the business ethics or lack thereof and or lack of understanding of legislation and complying with Canadian Immigration requirements. It just so happens that immigration is an area where there has been a lot of abuse and as a result the Government of Canada has more stringent requirements for certain countries. Why is this, it is because their fellow citizens have abused out system that is why we have rules. One set of rules for counties that require a visa and one for countries who's citizens are visa exempt. If this is discrimination that I must confess I am guilty. I have posted the exact letter from 21st century specifically on monthly plans, I do not contract with this insurer at this time and have no intention of offering their product in the future, however in time anything can change. I also do not offer any monthly plans for super visa applicants at this time and have no intention of changing this in the future unless I see something different directly from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I personally do not agree with the monthly payment plan offering of 21st century, but how an insurance company runs their business that I do not contract with is of no concern to me, it is a free country. Like I said the my main concern is this leads to immigration fraud as people will stop paying for insurance once their parents or grandparents arrive in Canada. I do not know how this company works who knows maybe it reports all lapsed monthly super visa plans directly to Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This would most likely result in immigration fraud, having one's parents or grandparents super visa cancelled and a deportation order issued.
What I am curios is if there is a claims of 30 days after arrival to Canada and the person has a medical emergency and thereafter is repatriated back to their country of origin would the Canadian Host still be liable to pay for one years worth of coverage as they would of been required to pay up front if purchased from another insurer.