cancelled with prejudice

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emadg said:
if the visa stamped with this word (cancelled with prejudice) what this mean
Stamped visa might have cancelled due to any unfavorable or serious legal reasons. It is difficult to get another visa if a visa is cancelled with prejudice.

Usually a Canadian PR visa can be cancelled WITHOUT PREJUDICE if the immigrant already landed using that visa. It means that visa is no more valid for any further entries. Such cancellation does not have any adverse effects on the landed immigrant.

Badal789

Nov 29, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2006
IELTS Request
30-11-2009
emadg said:
if the visa stamped with this word (cancelled with prejudice) what this mean
Once I applied for multiple entry but Canadian visa issued with single entry. When I asked them they took my passport stamped on the visa ``cancelled with prejudice`` then issued multiple entry visa.
I obtained new visa during December with new 5 years multiple entry visa.
Don`t worry.

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Badal789 said:
Once I applied for multiple entry but Canadian visa issued with single entry. When I asked them they took my passport stamped on the visa ``cancelled with prejudice`` then issued multiple entry visa.
I obtained new visa during December with new 5 years multiple entry visa.
Don`t worry.
In this case, the stamp indicates cancellation of Visa due to error.

What are you worried about? You were issued with the Visa you paid for once you pointed the error out! Enjoy your trip and stop tripping over a non-issue!!!

Peace!!

makemyday

Jul 14, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-09-1996
wilson said:
Stamped visa might have cancelled due to any unfavorable or serious legal reasons. It is difficult to get another visa if a visa is cancelled with prejudice.

Usually a Canadian PR visa can be cancelled WITHOUT PREJUDICE if the immigrant already landed using that visa. It means that visa is no more valid for any further entries. Such cancellation does not have any adverse effects on the landed immigrant.
Wilson, what if the visa of a temporary foreign worker already inside Canada was stamped with "Cancelled without prejudice," what does this mean to the worker? Will it affect his work permit? If Wilson is not here, can any experts answer? Thanks.