+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Wife - How to get PR?

tejvir123456

Aug 13, 2014
Hi Dear Friends

I am international student in ontario on my work permit and my gf is canadian and we have decided
to get married.

Can anyone plz tell me after wedding how should i File my PR?

What all documents are required and how?

How will my wife sponsor me I m in canada itself? do i have to do a lawyer or wat?

Plzzzzzz Help n support guys

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Start by having your wife and yourself read all this, including the guides. You will have to decide if you're going to apply Outland or inland. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp

You don't need a lawyer to handle the paper work, because it is you who has to supply all of the information anyway.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
keep in mind, even though you are IN canada, you can still apply as outland. the only risk to this is IF there is an interview, you will need to go back to your home country. A majority of applicants are waived the interview as long as their application meets the requirements of proving the relationship as real and ongoing, and there are no other issues related to dependants or criminality. Depending on where you are from it is probably best to apply OUTLAND/OUTSIDE OF CANADA. There are only a few countries that it is recommended for someone to apply inland right now.

Also, the stats listed on the CIC website for processing time is HIGHLY inaccurate for TODAY'S processing. For example: for a US Citizen, someone may assume their application gets sent to LA, which has a listed processing time of 24 or 30 months. In reality, 99% of US applications are processed in OTTAWA. Online, the processing time for ottawa is listed at 15 months. However, current US applicants are getting approved in 3-6 months. you can see where it can get confusing/misleading by just relying on the stats online. So before making a decision, make sure to confirm on this forum how long processing is taking for the visa office in your home country. Most visa offices have specific threads on this forum that track current applications.

I also agree to not waste your money on a lawyer unless there are significant issues with your applications (criminal and dependant related). If you and your wife are competent, you will be able to figure out how to submit your applicaiton on your own just by reading information on this forum. for the most part, attorneys are not as up to date or knowledgeable about the process as people who are actually going through it themselves.

tejvir123456

Aug 13, 2014
thanks for reply but i m in canada on my wrk permit after studie and i m from india
so isnt it easy to apply inland from here? and what does sponsorship letter include in it?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
tejvir123456 said:
thanks for reply but i m in canada on my wrk permit after studie and i m from india
so isnt it easy to apply inland from here? and what does sponsorship letter include in it?
not necessarily. again, you need to find the new dehli thread and the inland applicant thread and ask directly which one is better. and i highly suggest you ask the inland thread how "easy" the process has been for them, and see how quickly you get responses about that. my guess is that it will be much "easier" to apply outland currently it's taking 1.5-2 years to get approval for inland, and the processing is stuck on July 2013 applications. I'm pretty sure outland new dehli applications are getting processed in much less time than that. I *think* applicants from January 2014 are currently getting approvals.

i am not sure what you mean by sponsorship letter? i suggest you click on the link tink provided and read the information on there before asking anymore application specific questions. there is A LOT of information to go through, and we are simply not going to be able to walk you through it over the computer.

tejvir123456

Aug 13, 2014
Okay thanks a tonne for the information. The only confusion i have is that
If i an here and i get married here how can i file outland sponsorship if embassy already knows m here??

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Don't question it! It's just a choice you have to make! Do you want to do the inland process or the Outland process? You can be in Canada for Outland and you must be in Canada for inland. You can travel wherever you want during Outland, for inland you can't leave Canada no matter what during the process. For Outland you have the ability to appeal. For inland you can't appeal. Outland is usually faster in most cases.

Please read the guides. So many of your questions will be answered if you do some leg work. We can answer your questions when u have something specific to ask. Expecting people to answer all your questions by asking, how do I apply for pr sponsorship?, is a lot to expect. Read all the links, start filling out the forms, and you will see that a lot of your confusions will fall into place.