+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian visa got in Hong Kong - can take a tour in the PH before coming to CA?

Serenta

Jan 26, 2009
Hi everybody,
Our nanny has just got her visa stamped in Hong Kong and she plans to visit the Philippines for 2 weeks before coming to Canada. Is it possible for her to ride a plane directly from PH to Canada or does she need to clear any specific requirements in the Philippines (extra paperwork and exiting approvals) in order to be allowed to board for Canada? Or she has to return to Hong Kong and come directly from there?
Thank you for your replay!

ellejnoc

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
yes she can do that .actually many filipino workers have done that b4 going to canada.if ever the hk immig officer ask why ur coming to hk again,just tell to visit again,dont tell ur r going to canada.ive got info fr some friends way back in hk that when the immig officer learns that the filipina has got no working permit or visa in hk then they dont let her come to hk.but this is only happened in few cases.

ellejnoc

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
dont inform the phil.govt anymore coz she will pay a lot of money in the philippines once she does taht.there is no problem if she didnt inform the govt coz she processed in hk.

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ellejnoc said:
dont inform the phil.govt anymore coz she will pay a lot of money in the philippines once she does taht.there is no problem if she didnt inform the govt coz she processed in hk.
if her visa is already stamped on her passport, there's no way that that the immigration officer will not notice it, since the work permit is also attached to it. If she opted to go back to Philippines first, she would have to attend PDOS, she has to pay for that, otherwise, she cant exit the country without showing OEC and PDOS certificates.

My friend had an issue with the HK immigration officer when she went back to HK after having a vacation to Phils before going to Canada. She was held for many hours. was asked too many questions on her purpose of going back to HK since she worked there already for many years.

I'd say, it she is willing to take the risk of going back to Phils and return to HK before flying to Canada, go for it. But if she wants to play safe, and doesnt need to worry about some possible problems that may arise or prevent her departure for canada, just stay in Hk and wait til she leaves for canada.

chusana

Jan 20, 2010
It is very possible for her to go for a visit in the Philippines however it will take for a couple of days for her to have her PDOS. They might even require the POLO processing. I bit this will help.

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Serenta said:
Hi everybody,
Our nanny has just got her visa stamped in Hong Kong and she plans to visit the Philippines for 2 weeks before coming to Canada. Is it possible for her to ride a plane directly from PH to Canada or does she need to clear any specific requirements in the Philippines (extra paperwork and exiting approvals) in order to be allowed to board for Canada? Or she has to return to Hong Kong and come directly from there?
Thank you for your replay!
she can go to Canada either directly from the Philippines or from HK. But if ever she goes home first, yes, she would have to clear some requirements from the Phil government such as PDOS and OEC certifcates. Whereas, if she opted not to go back to Phils, she doesnt need those extra paperworks.

Serenta

Jan 26, 2009
Thanks everybody! your input was very helpful. you've confirmed my worries and now I know exactly what to do! Thanks again!