+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Schools.

KBS123

Nov 29, 2008
Hi. My question is a little bit out of the way of immigration related topics but i am very desperate about it. I want to know about the educational programmes in Canadian schools. Does any school in Canada offer O-Levels? Actually my son is in class 9th and in sep, 2009 he is going to start his O-Levels and if i get visa in the coming months then i must be in Canada within four or six months. Then what will happen to his O-Levels, if the schools in Canada do not offer O-Levels. Please help me if any one on this forum knows about it. Thanks in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think we have any schools that offer O-levels but check out http://www.britishcouncil.org/canada-education-parents-uk-qualifications-in-canada.htm There is something on there on how to take the tests somewhere.

The Canadian system is more like the US system. There is kindergarten for 5 year olds and after that grades 1 through 12 ending with high school graduation.

Nicholas

Star Member
Aug 6, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Like your son, I also studied in the UK beforing retuning to my native Canada, but I left just before my O levels. I was never an issue..I was simply placed in grade and completed my high school years. Canadian schools will place him in a grade matching his age. If he fails to keep up, he will be moved down a grade.

By the way, your question was very good and I'm sure this information will be helpful to others.

Merry Christmas all.

KBS123

Nov 29, 2008
Hi! Thanks again to Nicholas, rupeshhari and Leon for your informative input.

Merry Christmas to all.

KBS123

Nicholas

Star Member
Aug 6, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow that was a bad post and looks like I never went to school. It's my keyboard. It's my keyboard. It's my keyboard. It's my keyboard.