+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Professional Engineers (P.Eng)

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
Hi,

I am asking on behalf of my friend. He is a civil engineer from Australia with many years of experience and now wants to work in Canada. To be registered as a P.Engineer of Canada, does he have to sit any exams? Or is the degree and experience between Australia and Canada is bilateral?

Simon,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

simonvee said:
Hi,

I am asking on behalf of my friend. He is a civil engineer from Australia with many years of experience and now wants to work in Canada. To be registered as a P.Engineer of Canada, does he have to sit any exams? Or is the degree and experience between Australia and Canada is bilateral?

Simon,
The instructions are here: http://www.engineerscanada.ca/e/pr_international_ieg_1.cfm

mjekov

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
15-05-2009
Passport Req..
01-06-2009
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2009
LANDED..........
06-11-2009
Hello,

I just wish to use that theme instead of posting new one. Currently I am living in Canada, but in the province where I live the requirements for applying for Engineer - In- Training are a little bit tough. These guys here wish from me to obtain my syllabus from my previous University where I attend between 1994 - 2000. Ok, this is impossible for me and I decided to apply for Saskatchewan. I spoke with them and they said it is OK if you are outside of Sask.

But I would like to hear and other opinions, does someone here did that before and is there any catches with applying in another province?

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regardless of where you got your degree, the professional bodies will still like to see your syllabus in order to determine whether you were thought some courses that are considered critical to your engineering education in Canada. Should your syllabus show that you are deficient you wolud be required to take those courses before your acceptance. Finally you will be required to take some paper in ethics and professionalism..

I hope this helps?

mjekov

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
15-05-2009
Passport Req..
01-06-2009
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2009
LANDED..........
06-11-2009
@barsindoo

I asked the people from Sask, and they said that they have their own system for education assessment, and in 99% it is not needed to provide my syllabus.

Obtaining them is real pain in the butt. Also notarizing them and translating will cost me a fortune.

Yet, I still need to get these four exams.