Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6, 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Wow, this is stressful. I can't bring my three young children to Canada with me, but hubby can't immigrate to USA with me until after we get his Canadian pardon and (I-601) immigration waiver. Under current rules, we have to wait another year to even apply for the Canadian pardon. From what I have researched on the web, we will need the pardon as support for the I-601 waiver application.

The ONLY positive thing I have seen in all of these rules, is that if I am living in the USA with my Canadian citizen husband, then I can retain my Canadian PR status (once I get it, of course).

All this because I have three young children from a prior marriage and the only way I will get to spend time with them is to move to the USA with my Canadian husband.

Is the anyone else in a similar situation? If so, pleeeessse reply so I don't feel so completely isolated and alone.

Thanks,
Tuggie

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
I know about missing kids who are at home in the States - I have two. Even though they're grown, it's still a heartache.

It sounds as though you've at least applied for your husband to sponsor you to Canada - that should take less time than the pardon, and then at least you'd be free to go visit without having to worry about not being able to come back into Canada. Hopefully you have also included the kids in your application to protect their ability to be sponsored later (if they aren't coming now). Other than that, there's not a lot you can do but wait.

It is true that, once you get PR, as long as you live with your husband (no matter where) you maintain your PR status. Unfortunately the US is not as generous. So living there is probably how things will end up. All the best to you.