+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canadian police clearance check

anabela

Jul 1, 2011
I've been requested to provide a police clearance check from Canada ( I lived there for a year many years ago) . My visa office has given me 60 days to obtain it. I have sent the finger prints from my home country and I saw saw that it will take 18 weeks to process it. I am very worried. Is there any chance that the RCPM will process it sooner. Please advise. :-[

anabela

Jul 1, 2011
Can anyone please tell me if they've applied for a Candian Police Clearance ( finger print method) from outside Canada and how long it took to process.
I haven't come across this problem before. Please help! :(

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
anabela said:
I've been requested to provide a police clearance check from Canada ( I lived there for a year many years ago) . My visa office has given me 60 days to obtain it. I have sent the finger prints from my home country and I saw saw that it will take 18 weeks to process it. I am very worried. Is there any chance that the RCPM will process it sooner. Please advise. :-[

This is the procedure:

How to obtain a police certificate - Canada

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Only in certain cases. The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed.

How and where do I obtain one?
If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

RCMP - How to Obtain a Certified Criminal Record Check
If you are OUTSIDE OF CANADA :

contact the nearest police force which offers fingerprinting services. The RCMP will accept fingerprint forms from foreign countries that contain the following:

-rolled and flat impressions of all ten fingers taken with black ink

-full name, date of birth and sex of the applicant

-the name and address of the police agency

-the signature of the official taking the fingerprints

NOTES :

-Canadian embassies and consulates may not have adequate resources or facilities to provide this service.

-The ability to submit fingerprints electronically to the RCMP is not currently available outside Canada

You could also take a look at :

RCMP-Accredited Fingerprinting Companies for Electronic Vulnerable Sector Checks

Fin­ger­print­ing Divi­sion of World­wide Foren­sic Ser­vices Inc.

World­wide Foren­sic Ser­vices Inc. pro­vides fast ser­vices to the indi­vid­u­als who cur­rently reside out­side of Canada and need Police Clear­ance Cer­tifi­cates (Cer­ti­fied Crim­i­nal Record Check from the RCMP) from Canada for the fol­low­ing purposes:

Immi­gra­tion to Canada or other countries
Cana­dian Citizenship
Employmet
Adop­tions– Cana­dian and International
For­eign Travel– U.S. Waiver, Visas, Bor­der Crossing
Par­don Applications
Fin­ger­print­ing for Gov­ern­ment Con­tracts and Licenses
Name Change Applications
Vol­un­teer Work
All other non-criminal purposes.

*** I have never used the services of any of the above mentioned companies, so I have no idea of how they work or even their legitimacy.

A. Khan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: canadian police clearance check (RCMP)

In the RCMP website it states 18 weeks, mine took more than 22 weeks to process.

The letter from CIC (or Canadian High Commission) to apply for the RCMP clearance within 60 days. But, what they meant was you send your fingerprints & RCMP must receive it in 60 days.

CIC (or Canadian High Commission) is aware that RCMP takes 18 weeks to process.

What you can do is:
Step 1: Send your fingerprints to RCMP,
Step 2: Send a letter (hand-written) or email to CIC (or Canadian High Commission) that you have already sent your fingerprints to RCMP & RCMP has also received it.

nitin240378

Nov 25, 2010
New Delhi - India
Category........
Visa Office......
new Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
28th April 2103
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
28th April 2018
VISA ISSUED...
15 July 2013
LANDED..........
landing on 2nd May
Hi - I am staying at the another address, which is mention in my passport. I am staying there for more than 1 1/2 year.

How long will it take to get the PCC done.

anabela

Jul 1, 2011
Thank you. I've already couried it to the RCMP so I guess I'll have to wait. I'm glad to hear that the Visa Office is understanding.
In this process patience is definitely a virtue!

anabela

Jul 1, 2011

A. Khan said:
In the RCMP website it states 18 weeks, mine took more than 22 weeks to process.

The letter from CIC (or Canadian High Commission) to apply for the RCMP clearance within 60 days. But, what they meant was you send your fingerprints & RCMP must receive it in 60 days.

What you can do is:
Step 2: Send a letter (hand-written) or email to CIC (or Canadian High Commission) that you have already sent your fingerprints to RCMP & RCMP has also received it.

Thank you

anabela

Jul 1, 2011

A. Khan said:

What you can do is:
Do you perhaps know what the criteria is for asking someone to submit a police clearance from Canada. i believe they only ask certain people and I'm wondering why I was aasked.

A. Khan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

anabela said:
Do you perhaps know what the criteria is for asking someone to submit a police clearance from Canada. i believe they only ask certain people and I'm wondering why I was aasked.
After the age of 18, if you have lived in any country for 6 months or more, then you have to submit a Police Certificate.

Read the section "Who needs a police certificate?" in the link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp