+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Permanent Residence without high school qualification

limhockkiong

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
@scylla Yeah, CRS 301. Doesn't seem like he would make it with this score via the Federal Skilled Trades Program Express Entry even when high school completion is not required and assuming he successfully obtains an Alberta Trade Certificate and a job offer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla Yeah, CRS 301. Doesn't seem like he would make it with this score via the Federal Skilled Trades Program Express Entry even when high school completion is not required and assuming he successfully obtains an Alberta Trade Certificate and a job offer.
Yeah - I don't think that will get him there.

limhockkiong

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
I just got a call back from Alberta Advantage Immigration Office (AAIP) and after a few rounds of trying to get a clear “Yes” or “No” response to a simple question, I’m advised that “as of now, if he can obtain a trade certificate recognized by AIT and subsequently AAIP, then no ECA is required and therefore not having high school completion is ok”.

I guess my cousin could try pursuing the provincial AOS pathway and he needs a LMIA with his name, a job offer, get the red seal exam under his belt to get a nomination from
Alberta. I’m just not sure how this pathway integrates with at the federal level. So if Alberta recognizes him with a nomination, does he qualify to apply for PR (normally a federal government process)?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just got a call back from Alberta Advantage Immigration Office (AAIP) and after a few rounds of trying to get a clear “Yes” or “No” response to a simple question, I’m advised that “as of now, if he can obtain a trade certificate recognized by AIT and subsequently AAIP, then no ECA is required and therefore not having high school completion is ok”.

I guess my cousin could try pursuing the provincial AOS pathway and he needs a LMIA with his name, a job offer, get the red seal exam under his belt to get a nomination from
Alberta. I’m just not sure how this pathway integrates with at the federal level. So if Alberta recognizes him with a nomination, does he qualify to apply for PR (normally a federal government process)?
How is her going to get the trade certificate? Red seal? These are very big obstacles. Does he even have a TRV?

Although technically may be able to qualify realistically it will be very difficult. High school leaving is requirement for basic literacy these days and most have multiple post secondary degrees when they immigrate. The competition is just too high not to have high school leaving these days.

Last edited: