File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Got the certificate today! Exactly a week later (I live in GTA) also Canada post bent it and shoved it in the mail box!! I’m furious since there are bigger mail boxes in my condo and s concierge that accepts anything that doesn’t fit inside the mail box. Made an official complaint with Canada post (1-866-607-6301) I recommend everyone to do this. They clearly know it’s a citizenship certificate.
Strange!

What enevelop did you get certificate in? I got certificates in A4 size envelope and it was white color express post enevelop which had thick surface and it was not easy to bend. So the natural choice of post man is to place it in a bigger compartment.

You should complain to Passport program as well if your enevelop is not of above description. I am sure using hard cover enevelopes are the service standard agreed between Canada Post and Passport Program.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Strange!

What enevelop did you get certificate in? I got certificates in A4 size envelope and it was white color express post enevelop which had thick surface and it was not easy to bend. So the natural choice of post man is to place it in a bigger compartment.

You should complain to Passport program as well if your enevelop is not of above description. I am sure using hard cover enevelopes are the service standard agreed between Canada Post and Passport Program.
Oh I got it in a brown colour (recycled paper type) envelope. They had a small cardboard and a plastic cover inside tho. But some how postman managed to bend it.

https://ibb.co/Lh6dt1M

https://ibb.co/prKSfdy

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Oh I got it in a brown colour (recycled paper type) envelope. They had a small cardboard and a plastic cover inside tho. But some how postman managed to bend it.

https://ibb.co/Lh6dt1M

https://ibb.co/prKSfdy
Seen pics. These doesn't look like express enevelopes.

In my opinion, Express post comes in white enevelop and not brown. Canada post should be using white hard material envelopes with clear marking "Express post"for such deliveries. You should make a formal complaint to Passport Program and Canada Post. When speaking to Passport Program, ask them you now need a new citizenship certificate as the existing one has been crumbled.

Reactions: carl321

amyn27

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
App sent: June 2, 2021
App received: June 4, 2021
CC Charged: June 11, 2021

I called the contact center to get an update and came to know that my citizenship certificate mail out date is July 6. I am assuming that they are dealing with a lot of applications making the process more than 20 working days.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hah, I guess people are excited to travel with restrictions easing. Still considering waiting for local in-person services to resume, even by appointment.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hah, I guess people are excited to travel with restrictions easing. Still considering waiting for local in-person services to resume, even by appointment.
LOL. Getting nightmares of the citizenship certificate being crumpled by the postman trying to shove it into a small mailbox?

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
Update in red. Application for two sent through Canada Xpress-post. Location GTA (east):

PP App Sent: 1-Jun
PP App Delivered: 2-Jun (tracking shows delivered to Ottawa, even though address provided was for Gatineau)
CC charged: 8-Jun
PP Sent: 16-Jun (found out today after call for a status update)

Reactions: carl321

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
LOL. Getting nightmares of the citizenship certificate being crumpled by the postman trying to shove it into a small mailbox?
Just got mine gently bent to fit in the community mailbox lol. And even if I got it crumpled, it’s a replaceable piece of paper, not the end of the world.

It comes in a sheet protector and a piece of cardboard, so I can send the whole thing over like that.

My guarantor who works in the fed govt told me I shouldn’t hold my breath waiting for reopening so I guess I’ll go ahead with this mail-in app.

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
App sent: June 2, 2021
App received: June 4, 2021
CC Charged: June 11, 2021

I called the contact center to get an update and came to know that my citizenship certificate mail out date is July 6. I am assuming that they are dealing with a lot of applications making the process more than 20 working days.
I don't think the status update is true, you'll receive them next week based on current processing times.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Update in red. Application for two sent through Canada Xpress-post. Location GTA (east):

PP App Sent: 1-Jun
PP App Delivered: 2-Jun (tracking shows delivered to Ottawa, even though address provided was for Gatineau)
CC charged: 8-Jun
PP Sent: 16-Jun (found out today after call for a status update)
You brought me good luck as well!

Passport sent this morning from Ottawa!

I love y'all :D

Full timeline for me:
Processing Office: Ottawa Downtown - I'm in the GTA
Application (2) sent: May 18, 2021
Received: May 25, 2021
Entered into system: June 2, 2021
CC Charged: June 14, 2021
Certificate mailed: June 16, 2021 - On the way
Passport mailed: June 17, 2021 - On the way

Last edited:

savarana

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
12 business days after receiving my passport:
We have received your application. The processing of applications has begun with expected delays.

Why is everything delayed all the time? 6 years in Canada and I'm yet to NOT hear "We're receiving higher than normal call volumes".
Called today. Was told "Your application is being considered" and that it could take 1-2 months to process it.

I don't believe this. Why is there so much variance in how quickly one application is processed from another? I've seen people receive the PPs back in 2weeks, while there's no progress on mine? Have they never heard of first come first served? Why are we sending our applications into a blackhole and simply sitting waiting fingers crossed?

I come from a "third world country" where you can get your passport in 15 days for 30$ or within 3 days for 70$ and track it all the way through.

By the time I get to the point where its complete I'd have already totally lost all excitement and interest in it.

/end-rant

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Called today. Was told "Your application is being considered" and that it could take 1-2 months to process it.

I don't believe this. Why is there so much variance in how quickly one application is processed from another? I've seen people receive the PPs back in 2weeks, while there's no progress on mine? Have they never heard of first come first served?

I come from a "third world country" where you can get your passport in 15 days for 30$ or within 3 days for 70$ and track it all the way through.

By the time I get to the point where its complete I've already totally lost all excitement and interest in it.

/end-rant
Did you get your CC charged? If not - I think (based on observations, and personal experience) they didn't even start looking yet, because when I called in between the wait, one agent was nice enough to told me that your application is in a queue waiting to be examined, and the rest all told me its BEING examined. When your CC gets charged that's when things start moving. Do not worry, your hard part is over, this is just a small speed bump :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

I don't believe this. Why is there so much variance in how quickly one application is processed from another? I've seen people receive the PPs back in 2weeks, while there's no progress on mine? Have they never heard of first come first served? Why are we sending our applications into a blackhole and simply sitting waiting fingers crossed?

By the time I get to the point where its complete I'd have already totally lost all excitement and interest in it.

/end-rant
Regular and Tatkal :) .

Anyway, it is strange that they said "Your application is being considered...". Not sure what exactly that is supposed to mean. The processing time for mail in applications is 20 business days (almost 1 calendar month) from what I've seen so far. I think they say 1 to 2 months because they don't want applicants calling back frequently but I could be wrong.

Your application reached them on 1st June. Today is the 12th Business day. 29th June would be the 20th Business day. Did you check with your guarantor / references to see if they received any calls they might have missed?

If you are from where I think you are, there is yet another hectic journey called the "OCI" (I mean, if you are planning on applying for it) - If you are frustrated with the Canadian Passport process, good luck applying for OCI. Chaos is the norm for the OCI process. Frustration is commonplace.

m7313

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
I just got a call from passport office asking me why my mailing address is different from my home address. I told them the mailing address I put is my work address, they told me they don't send passport at work address? Anyways , they said they will send it to my home instead.
Finally . We got a notice card to pick up passport in the post office tomorrow. Hopefully our citizenship certificate is in there too. According to the tracking , our passport was sent from Calgary, AB.

CC Charged : June 1
Passport office called for verification (mailing address) and guarantor too : June 9
Passport Mailed : June 15
Notice Card Left :June 17 (will pick up tomorrow)

Wondering why it came from Calgary and not Gatineau QC where we sent our application?

Last edited: