BuzzBuzz

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Been lurking here for a bit

My timeline
application was mailed on Mar 28th
application received Mar 29th
cc got charged Apr 16th

After that no update. Does anyone have a similar timeline as me and has not received the PP yet? Been around 11 weeks now
I do, app delivered april 1st, nothing so far, except cc

• Wow
Reactions: canv_1234 and sk000

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
I called the payment line for my child's passport file number (passport renewal). The CC was charged on 9th June (mailed in 6th May). The guy on the payment line said that he doesn't have a file number yet as nothing has been scanned into the system yet. Its a looooooong wait i guess.... :rolleyes:
As long as you are charged. You are good.

lotso8u

Sep 17, 2021
How would you know if your passport application has been lost?
I mailed in my baby's passport application Feb 25. It was received on Feb 28 according to Canada Post. I tried tracking the returning tracking number and still none.
We are planning to travel end of November. I know it's still far but I'm getting anxious.
if it got lost, how do I report it

LNGHYNH

Jun 13, 2022
This is a similar scenario to mine. I'm traveling June 24 and called to have my passport transferred to the Mississauga passport office. They told me to expect a call on June 20 or 21. I'll also be planning to line up on June 22 if I don't receive a call.
I called the phone line again to get an update and they told me that the application has been transferred and the file is "under examination". I hope this is moving in a good direction towards getting the passport issued and ready for pick up.

yutaeren

Star Member
Apr 1, 2022
Hey, I am getting a bit worried. My partner mailed his application June 8 with Xpresspost, and when tracking it says out for delivery--for 5 business days now! Paid $20 for this Xpresspost.. What does it mean? Did they lose it? I am so worried! What to do in case of lost citizenship certificate??

JM31

Oct 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Med's Done....
May 2014
Interview........
February 18,2015
Passport Req..
January 29,2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2015 VOH: March 25,2015
To the people who already received their passport - Do Canada Post leave the passport in your mailbox or they put a note in your door stated that you can pickup your package to the nearest post office?

dhairya78

Jul 22, 2017
To the people who already received their passport - Do Canada Post leave the passport in your mailbox or they put a note in your door stated that you can pickup your package to the nearest post office?
Leave not in mail box and you need to pick from nearest Canada post

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
My Citizenship certificate was mailed back to me, 2 days after my CC was charged. I thought the certificates came back with the passport, or once the application was completed.

Has anyone else had their certificate sent back to them so quickly? Is this a sign my passport is coming soon?

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
My Citizenship certificate was mailed back to me, 2 days after my CC was charged. I thought the certificates came back with the passport, or once the application was completed.

Has anyone else had their certificate sent back to them so quickly? Is this a sign my passport is coming soon?
I think that's a good sign mate! Also, congrats on your World Cup qualifier!

Reactions: Gary_87

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey mates.

When do you receive the original certificate back to you?

How long does it take? Does anyone know?

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
So, I called both the payment line and the regular status line (called at the dot of 8:30 AM and there were 100 people ahead of me in line (which thankfully moved quickly - I was speaking to an agent within 30 mins).

Here's what I found out about my application.

1. My credit card hasn't been charged, but my file has been created and a fair amount of work has already been done for it. When I asked about whether it was true that the credit card being charged was the first step of processing, the officer on the phone stated that this wasn't always the case and it varied based on the processing office/officer handling the case. So it isn't out of the ordinary for the case officer to not charge until the end or they charge in the beginning before proceeding further.

As per the rep on the phone, there were no notes on my file to suggest there were completeness issues and no reasons for them to contact me for clarifications. It just looks like the processing officer began working on it, did a fair amount of work to validate everything was in order, then had to put a pin in it to work on other stuff and my stuff's just in a partially completed state.

2. Processing times have now grown from 5 weeks to 9 weeks. Probably not new information, but he specifically said that that's the new 'service standard' for mail-in applications. He suggested (based on my delivery date) that my expected delivery date is around the week of July 10th given said timelines. I pointed out that I have expected, confirmed travel plans for July 30, to which he said he'd add it to the note to nudge the central processing office to finish mine off but encouraged calling towards the end of the month again to see if there was any movement. He stated that if by the week of July 10th, there was no movement, I could request a transfer to a local office to wrap up the application and have it processed in time for my travel.

3. They really don't want people calling the payment line anymore, @a987. When I tried the line, I was helped (that person gave me the file number I needed) but has stated that they have been receiving a 'high influx of calls from people asking for their status and their security team is trying to find out and expunge that number from forums' so....yeah. He reiterated that their line is for payment processing issues only, they will be enforcing that strictly as well. I may have roasted them slightly by asking if their security teams were going to expunge the number at the same sort of speed as it takes them it make my passport and I could feel the ಠ_ಠ through the phone. :D
Following up on this, true to the agents word, my credit card just got charged (June 15). So I guess calling them and giving them a little prod did help in this case! :D

Reactions: ms453

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
My application recived 7 Mars 11 Mai sent copy of my driver licence signed by my guarantor bc was signed by my self and that was a mistake I called yesturday no news just wait my driver lisence expire today registry can’t renew it bc I don’t have an ID they don’t accept a copy of my citizenship certificate trying all day to catch them by phone nothing I am so sad