+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Incorrect - at least according to the person I spoke with this morning at the Canada Service number anyway. I called earlier today at 8:32 am, got through, and spoke with someone 20 minutes later. She wouldn't transfer my file to a physical office as my travel date is too far in advance. I leave July 3, so she said to call back (or take the chance and head to a passport office in person) on or after June 17. She was able to see that my documents were scanned and in their system. Either way, like @Radium says it sounds like I won't be getting the passports until a couple days before my travel - unless by the grace of God, they arrive in the mail in the next 15 days.

Passport received: May 2
CC charged: May 26
Documents confirmed to be scanned and in the system (but not yet processed): June 2
Request to transfer file denied: also June 2
You are one day before me did you mail to Quebec?

yutaeren

Star Member
Apr 1, 2022
I can’t go to passport center directly and get my file to be transferred? Also is calling them is the only way I can transfer my application ?? Thank You!!
Where did you apply? I sent my documents to Gatineau.
There are crazy lines in front of Passport offices and if you don't have an appointment or proof of travelling soon they will not let you in. The best is to call them?

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Passport picked up, off to vacations ;)

[I noticed a weird thing on Canadian passport, the perforated alpha-numeric characters on top of passport is different than the passport number.
My home country passport had the same peroration as the passport number]

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
I can’t go to passport center directly and get my file to be transferred? Also is calling them is the only way I can transfer my application ?? Thank You!!
yes, you can walk-in at local passport office with proof of travel or else they won’t help.

if you get a transfer done over the phone then you don’t have to wait for hours at passport office, you will be prioritized over walk-ins.

as i mentioned in my earlier post, with or without a transfer you still have to fill out a fresh passport application, provide new photos, most important you will need your original citizenship certificate, and without it, they won’t help.

Hope it helps. Good luck buddy!

Last edited:

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The address I wrote was to Quebec (Gatineau), but it was delivered to Ottawa via Canada Post Xpresspost. Not sure if this is a good/bad thing or if this is a common occurence
Someone had mentioned that its common, since Gatineau is close to Ottawa.

victor58

Apr 5, 2021
does anyone know approximately up to what date that applications have been submitted have received their passport? i assume applications are processed based on the order they are submitted?