+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
I kept calling on that number y’day from 10AM to 11:15 AM MT, the recorded message kept saying they’re experiencing heavy call volume and to call back later and the call disconnected everytime.

I called on the other phone number someone mentioned here, that number is only for making payments, however I requested the lady that I’d been continuously calling the passport office helpline and I won’t get thru an agent.

I requested her if she can look up on my file as i was told by service canada the expected mail out date for my passport was May 24th.
She was nice, she helped me, I gave her my file#, she looked up my file and said, there’s nothing been done on my file other than the payment.
I asked her if she can transfer my file to the local office, she declined and asked me to call the passport line to get the transfer.

After hanging up with her, I again called the passport line and by this time it was 11:33AM and to my surprise my call went straight to the queue. The recorded message said “there are 168 people ahead of you” and within 35 mins waiting i was able to talk to an agent and requested transfer.
Try to call the payment line. You still need to wait but not long

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
My timeline is close to yours. Application was delivered April 27th to Mississauga from BC. Still no CC charge yet but I'll update my post once they do.
Ya keep me posted. I need to update my payment so I don’t call the main line

John1234567890

Feb 1, 2021
Hi everyone.
My passport application was received on April 07, 2022
Cc charged on May 04, 2022
Still waiting.
I need your opinion. Thank you

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Hi everyone.
My passport application was received on April 07, 2022
Cc charged on May 04, 2022
Still waiting.
I need your opinion. Thank you
we have very similar time lines. I have also heard nothing. Are you travelling soon? I am travelling July 10th so I am quietly hopeful it will arrive in time

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
what the Hell, i applied in 1st week of Mar and still no passport.. i called them this morning and they still saying application in progress and cannot give timeline when it can be completed. and transfer only if we have travel itinerary. will be 3 months in a few days.. anyone else in same situation ? 3 months this is just crazy delay..

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
I kept calling on that number y’day from 10AM to 11:15 AM MT, the recorded message kept saying they’re experiencing heavy call volume and to call back later and the call disconnected everytime.

I called on the other phone number someone mentioned here, that number is only for making payments, however I requested the lady that I’d been continuously calling the passport office helpline and I won’t get thru an agent.

I requested her if she can look up on my file as i was told by service canada the expected mail out date for my passport was May 24th.
She was nice, she helped me, I gave her my file#, she looked up my file and said, there’s nothing been done on my file other than the payment.
I asked her if she can transfer my file to the local office, she declined and asked me to call the passport line to get the transfer.

After hanging up with her, I again called the passport line and by this time it was 11:33AM and to my surprise my call went straight to the queue. The recorded message said “there are 168 people ahead of you” and within 35 mins waiting i was able to talk to an agent and requested transfer.
How do you get your file number?

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017

What is this other number you refer to? I called again all afternoon yesterday, and then been calling again this morning with no progress. Keep getting the same generic info messages.

Also, how do you get your file number? If I call the payment line and don't have a file number surely they wont be able to help me.

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
what the Hell, i applied in 1st week of Mar and still no passport.. i called them this morning and they still saying application in progress and cannot give timeline when it can be completed. and transfer only if we have travel itinerary. will be 3 months in a few days.. anyone else in same situation ? 3 months this is just crazy delay..
yeah we are in the same situation, my wife and I applied on the same day in person at service Canada (7th of March), I got my passport 3 weeks ago and she is still waiting for hers, she calls them and they say in progress, even though both of us applied at the same time together, I don't actually understand this at all, has this happened to anyone else?

canpr123

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Called the Toll free number (1‑800‑567‑6868) yesterday around 5pm EST. Had to dial some 20 times to get through. Do press 1 and then listen to the first line ("Office closed on May 23rd"). As soon as the recording starts on "How to apply for a passport", I dropped off and tried again and again till i got lucky with the message "“if you are applying within Canada press 1”. I was 120th person in queue and took approximately 40 mins to get through and talk to an agent. He informed that everything looked good in my file and I should receive the passport by end of May. I sent the application on March 16th. Received on March 17th. CC charged on April 12th. Normal in-mail non-urgent application. No upcoming travels. Ottawa applicant.
Got my passport by mail today. Canada post delivery person ringed the doorbell and handed it over to me. Timelines as above.
The journey comes to an end after 12 years in Canada. A big Thank you to all of you .:)

Hypatia

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
App. Filed.......
15-06-2020
Have applied for my 1st passport. Couriered app to Gatineau, QC; was received on Apr 26th, CC got charged today after exactly 1 month.

Have to travel in mid-July...fingers crossed.

Reactions: GuyanaGirl

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah they suck big time.

I am past 2 months now.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Call your MP's office they can expedite it since its already crossed 3 months