+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

LOrangeVerte

Jun 28, 2022
toronto
I thought that people who applied in March and April were receiving their passport. Its obviously not the case. The delays are ridiculous. I sent my application in the beginning of June and the application payment was processed by the 27th of June. I fear that I won't get my passport in august. Im planning to travel for my niece birthday at the beginning of September.

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Their website said "9 weeks + mailing time" in early June 2022. Then I saw they said "10 weeks+ Mailing time" in late June.

It's now "13 weeks" ?

They might as well say "all passport application shall be processed within 52 weeks".
It’s now 17 weeks reading for some applicants if you keep reading below.
They are better off not even posting timeline of passports as we can all see, quite of few people are still waiting and waiting and waiting.

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
So if an MP request your file to be transferred to your local office, what happens then if and when the local office accepts the transfer? Do they just print it and call you to pick it up?

Last edited:

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
In person application submission - Service Canada Oakville, April 4, 2022.

I waited patiently till the first week in June and then sent a status request online. I never got a response. I called the 6868 number on June 10, but could not get through. I called the 9201 number on July 5 and was told my application was still under examination. I called the 9201 number again today (July 26) and was told my passport was mailed out on July 22. I got the tracking number and saw that it was delivered 36 minutes ago (it was left with the concierge, so I did not have to sign for it personally). Actually, while on the call, I got an email from my condo concierge about a package.

16 weeks for processing and delivery!

Family of 3 (2 adults and a child) applied at the same time. Per Canada post tracking, my child's passport was delivered yesterday (July 25), I also got an email from the concierge, but had no idea what it was.
I could not get an update on that of my spouse as he has to call by himself, although, I expect that his should have been delivered too.
I am heading home in a few days, what a 'Welcome home' gift this would be!

Last edited:

JuliaK

Jun 22, 2022
So if an MP request your file to be transferred to your local office, what happens then if and when the local office accepts the transfer? Do they just print it and call you to pick it up?
They told us to wait a couple of weeks and if the local office does not contact us to let the office of the MP know. I think if that fails, and we still don't get the call for pick up, we will have to line up a few days before we travel to request an emergency passport. I will post an update when we know more.

Reactions: cyberkodi

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Is anyone who sent in via mail really getting their passports? My file has been under examination for so many weeks and they havent processed it yet, submitted in person at Service Canada on 27th April in BC :(

mhammoud

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Oakville, Ontario
Category........
FSW
My wife and I sent the passport application on May 30th. It was delivered on May 31st. The CC was charged on July 7th. We received my wife's passport on July 21st, but mine hasn't arrived yet. Has this happened with anyone? Should I be worried about my passport being lost?

Reactions: wabbitwabbit

wabbitwabbit

May 14, 2019
My wife and I sent the passport application on May 30th. It was delivered on May 31st. The CC was charged on July 7th. We received my wife's passport on July 21st, but mine hasn't arrived yet. Has this happened with anyone? Should I be worried about my passport being lost?
Was that a renewel instead of a new passport?

kzaman

May 31, 2015
In person application submission - Service Canada Oakville, April 4, 2022.

I waited patiently till the first week in June and then sent a status request online. I never got a response. I called the 6868 number on June 10, but could not get through. I called the 9201 number on July 5 and was told my application was still under examination. I called the 9201 number again today (July 26) and was told my passport was mailed out on July 22. I got the tracking number and saw that it was delivered 36 minutes ago (it was left with the concierge, so I did not have to sign for it personally). Actually, while on the call, I got an email from my condo concierge about a package.

16 weeks for processing and delivery!

Family of 3 (2 adults and a child) applied at the same time. Per Canada post tracking, my child's passport was delivered yesterday (July 25), I also got an email from the concierge, but had no idea what it was.
I could not get an update on that of my spouse as he has to call by himself, although, I expect that his should have been delivered too.
I am heading home in a few days, what a 'Welcome home' gift this would be!
Congratulations. Can you give the full phone number that you called. 9201...

SuperSaiyanGod

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2017
Nomination.....
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Passport Req..
02-01-2018
Submitted file on May 11, 2022. My travel date was approaching so I called the number and they transferred my file to Surrey office. Went there on Friday july 22 to pickup a yellow slip from an employee in the parking lot. I was traveling on tuesday july 26 so on monday july 25 stood in line at 4:30 am with a fresh application. Got in at 8:30 am. Everything was done till 9:30 am and they gave me a pickup slip for the same day at 3:30 pm. Went to the office at 3:45 pm, stood in line for 5 minutes and got the passport. No extra fees was charged. After 10 yrs in this beautiful country, finally holding its passport. I would like to thank everyone in this forum who helped me since my PR application.