+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Arpana31

Dec 21, 2021
Update on mine.

No passport yet. Was planning to go on a trip this July but it seems like that won't happen. It's a bummer but it is what it is..

App received in Ottawa (sent to Gatineau address): April 12
Cc charged: May 8
Called for update: May 13, 20 and June 3 - Under examination.
Still waiting....
Hey which number did you call?
I am not able to reach them

yutaeren

Star Member
Apr 1, 2022
Application sent on January 18, 2022
Application delivered on January 20, 2022
Charged on January 25, 2022
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Birth Certificate Received - June 3, 2022
Passport Received - June 3, 2022
Days between "Application delivered" and "Passport Received" - 134 days
What! I am shaking in fear o_O

Anyone knows if this status update works? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/check-passport-travel-document-application.html I sent a reqeust for an update, but didn't hear anything. Does this even work?

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Update on mine.

No passport yet. Was planning to go on a trip this July but it seems like that won't happen. It's a bummer but it is what it is..

App received in Ottawa (sent to Gatineau address): April 12
Cc charged: May 8
Called for update: May 13, 20 and June 3 - Under examination.
Still waiting....
We have the exact same time line. Same received date and same cc charge date. Let me know if you hear anything! I’m supposed to travel July 10th so was going to call in a week or two to see about a transfer of still not received.

Reactions: CaptBasil

CaptBasil

May 10, 2022
We have the exact same time line. Same received date and same cc charge date. Let me know if you hear anything! I’m supposed to travel July 10th so was going to call in a week or two to see about a transfer of still not received.
Sure thing. Hoping for the best.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Everyone seems to be getting their cc charged about a month after sending in. Mine was received May 4th and still nothing. Travel July 20th. Does anyone know the best time to try get an appointment online?
My application was received April 11. Still no CC.

Eddie84

Jun 3, 2022
My was received on the 3rd of May and I had a buddy that had the same date as you and still waiting. We call in but it not on the system yet and was told about call back in the mid of June.

You can make a appointment 24 hour a day but usually they open up really early in the morning, so it kind of hard to make appointment since you are travelling in July. You should line up in the passport office and apply for urgrent or if you got lucky you can book anything day if there is a open up. (someone cancel the appointment )
I'll definitely go line up closer to the time. I'm still holding out hope it might arrive as it says 9 weeks plus mail time and I sent 11 weeks before travel!

Eddie84

Jun 3, 2022
ok one day behind... keep me posted. by the way you should make an appointment at passport office. you have the right to apply urgent
I need to change my payment type but if my CC have been charge it will give me a notices on my iphone
Keep me posted too! I can't get an appointment. Any tips when do new ones open up?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Keep me posted too! I can't get an appointment. Any tips when do new ones open up?
8 PM EST (atleast for GTA area). I may have appointment for Hamilton office in near future in case you need it.

fazedragon

Jun 2, 2022
Hi, this is so helpful. What did you need to say/provide at the consulate? Which consulate helped you? Thanks!
Of course. I told the DC embassy that I had an immediate need for the passport (my driver’s license was about to expire, and I could not renew it without my passport). My case was forwarded to the closest consulate, which for me was in Detroit. A consular officer called me and asked for some information before reaching out to Passport Canada, who printed off and mailed my passport soon after.

Canadian embassies and consulates are flooded with passport inquiries, so unless you can demonstrate an immediate need for the passport (a travel date works too), I would suggest being patient and waiting for the passport to arrive. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Immigreat81