+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I did. There are some warnings regarding the walk-ins. The message is contradictory, they say you can walk-in, but then they say don't go without an appointment. The important part for me is that the travel requirement is no longer there, which means anyone can now choose the in-person option

samtoryyy

Oct 2, 2019
I did. There are some warnings regarding the walk-ins. The message is contradictory, they say you can walk-in, but then they say don't go without an appointment. The important part for me is that the travel requirement is no longer there, which means anyone can now choose the in-person option
If you need the passport in less than 25 business days, do you still need to show proof for travel?

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Correct , I went to the Scarborough yesterday. Huge lineup for pickup but all the counters for fresh application were empty.
About time they let walk in.

Reactions: samtoryyy

samtoryyy

Oct 2, 2019
Correct , I went to the Scarborough yesterday. Huge lineup for pickup but all the counters for fresh application were empty.
About time they let walk in.
Just to clarify, does that mean the STC location accepts walk in for new passport applications? Sorry if that is what you meant. Also was it a huge line to get in?

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Just to clarify, does that mean the STC location accepts walk in for new passport applications? Sorry if that is what you meant. Also was it a huge line to get in?
They did let walk in when I visited last Monday but they gave appointment to Thursday. ( I had travel ticket though)
When I picked up my passport yesterday I waited an hour in line, fresh passport counters were empty- I dont know if they opened up for walk in. ( I just wish they do).
Another clarification I dint get call back from passport office for 4 days- When they did there was no appointment slot within GTA.Kitchner and St catherines untill march 9th.
But scarborough office gave me appointment on Feb 24th .

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Morning 8.30 is when they open ( very critical) If someone doesn't show up ( appointment clients)the security is letting the walk in to go through.
11.40 went for pick up but the security out right rejected walk ins. ( Be nice and tell her the appointment call back never came- worked for me)

samtoryyy

Oct 2, 2019
Morning 8.30 is when they open ( very critical) If someone doesn't show up ( appointment clients)the security is letting the walk in to go through.
11.40 went for pick up but the security out right rejected walk ins. ( Be nice and tell her the appointment call back never came- worked for me)
Thank you so much for the extra context, I really appreciate it!!! I will try tomorrow morning when they open :)

samtoryyy

Oct 2, 2019
They did let walk in when I visited last Monday but they gave appointment to Thursday. ( I had travel ticket though)
When I picked up my passport yesterday I waited an hour in line, fresh passport counters were empty- I dont know if they opened up for walk in. ( I just wish they do).
Another clarification I dint get call back from passport office for 4 days- When they did there was no appointment slot within GTA.Kitchner and St catherines untill march 9th.
But scarborough office gave me appointment on Feb 24th .
Out of curiosity, why couldn't you apply on Monday and had to come back to your appointment for Thursday?

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Does any one know how long does it take to get to the agent over the phone for urgent passport? I waited more than 1 hour without luck. I got a call center person in the 2nd round but they said to call tomorrow. But I don't know how long will it take to reach to agent so that I can let my employer know that I will either take off or will be so late.

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Does any one know how long does it take to get to the agent over the phone for urgent passport? I waited more than 1 hour without luck. I got a call center person in the 2nd round but they said to call tomorrow. But I don't know how long will it take to reach to agent so that I can let my employer know that I will either take off or will be so late.
For urgent passport dont wait for them to call you, Just visit the Passport office . They will let you apply walk in if you have proof of travel.