Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
On February 18, I filled out the online request for passport appointment, 3 days later I got a call to schedule it.
I live near Vancouver, the lady said that the closest appointment in my area will be on March 14 , or on March 10 in Vancouver downtown. Had to take the soonest one as my flight is on March 24.

If you plan your trip, try to schedule an appointment ahead of time as you might end up waiting longer to get one. It also depends on an area you live, I guess. Some offices might be less busy

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
I have not received my certificate yet but can I get my guarantor to sign the passport application before I receive my certificate? In the passport application we have to provide certificate number, which I don't have. And my guarantor is going out of town for 4 weeks (he will be available over the phone and email but I need to get this signatures on back of photo and the application.).

samtoryyy

Oct 2, 2019
Hello, does anyone know if there are accepting any walk-ins? I spoke to someone over the phone and I was told that all locations are opened for walk in except the Brampton location. Does anyone know if this is true?

Reactions: kathychang

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Hello, does anyone know if there are accepting any walk-ins? I spoke to someone over the phone and I was told that all locations are opened for walk in except the Brampton location. Does anyone know if this is true?
Is that someone IRCC agent or just someone you know?
On website it still says "They are not offering Walk-Ins"

samtoryyy

Oct 2, 2019
Is that someone IRCC agent or just someone you know?
On website it still says "They are not offering Walk-Ins"
I called to schedule an appointment in person and the agent called me back, but since I didn't have my certificate with me as it was still being mailed, I couldn't book an appointment, but the agent told me all locations are accepting walk in except for Brampton location.

I have my certificate now, just wondering if this is true so I could try to apply without an appointment

Reactions: kathychang

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Wow , I just verified Passport Canada website walk in are open.
Well all the best

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
I called to schedule an appointment in person and the agent called me back, but since I didn't have my certificate with me as it was still being mailed, I couldn't book an appointment, but the agent told me all locations are accepting walk in except for Brampton location.

I have my certificate now, just wondering if this is true so I could try to apply without an appointment
I guess the time line still holds,
travel in 2 days
Travel within 25 days,
Travel after 26 days.
Still its better than postal .

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Wow , I just verified Passport Canada website walk in are open.
Well all the best
Without an appointment (walk-in)

You can go to any Service Canada Centre that offers passport services. You do not need an appointment.

Walk-in service may not be available. This is due to limits on how many people can be in the office at once.
Do not go to a passport office (Service Canada Centre – Passport Services) without an appointment. They are not offering walk-in services at this time.
They still show this, but it seems the travel requirement has been dropped. Shoot. I just sent my application last week. I wish I knew

Reactions: Kingkk123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have not received my certificate yet but can I get my guarantor to sign the passport application before I receive my certificate? In the passport application we have to provide certificate number, which I don't have. And my guarantor is going out of town for 4 weeks (he will be available over the phone and email but I need to get this signatures on back of photo and the application.).
As long as the guarantor is comfortable signing without all the info filled in yes you can sign now.

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Can you share the link? I can't seem to find it
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport/apply-how.html
scroll down to bottom and answer the questions.
The forms and documents you need to submit may be different depending on where you are.

1.Do you already have a passport? (required)
Yes
No
2.Where are you applying from? (required)
Canada
United States
Outside Canada and the United States
3.When do you need the passport? (required)
In 26 business days or more
In 3 to 25 business days
In 2 business days or less

The 3rd question is new and updated one