+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

VinnyK

Aug 4, 2021
Hello Eeveryone

I applied on Feb 13 at the North York office (Toronto), they told me that my passport will be ready in 10 days and it is going to be mailed out to my address on Feb 27; however, I still have not received my passport and the status is still we are processing...
I called them and they told me my application is approved but not printed out. I do not know what to do. I do not have any estimation date and not sure until when I should wait :(
Anyone had similar experience?
did you get your passport?

Nk_98

Oct 19, 2023
Hello Guys,
I applied passport in person at a regular service canada on Feb 19th and was told status will be available after 5 business days.
It's been 10 days now and it still says ' we have received your application and processing it". When will it change?

VinnyK

Aug 4, 2021
Hello Guys,
I applied passport in person at a regular service canada on Feb 19th and was told status will be available after 5 business days.
It's been 10 days now and it still says ' we have received your application and processing it". When will it change?
Same boat as you. applied in person on Feb 19th in Ottawa location. Officer told me it should be ready by March 4th (today lol). Hoping status should change today/tomorrow.

which location did you apply?

Nk_98

Oct 19, 2023
Same boat as you. applied in person on Feb 19th in Ottawa location. Officer told me it should be ready by March 4th (today lol). Hoping status should change today/tomorrow.

which location did you apply?
I applied at regular service canada in Georgetown Ontario

MaggieJP

Aug 20, 2020
Looks like most of us are in the same boat that are still waiting for the passports. We just went through the citizenship application process and now are entering another wait game. :(
Since my application is overdue for more than 2 business days, I called them twice (Both calls were more than an hour and a half of waiting with 400 calls ahead of me). I just got the info that my application has been approved, but not ready for mailing. And the passport will be mailed out at any time soon.
I guess our applications are being processed on time, unless you get any notification about missing info.
In my opinion, they just don't get enough printers :p or can't keep up with the passport material :p due to the higher number of new citizens.

ParyaKh

Jan 8, 2024
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Oct 29
AOR Received.
Nov 21
did you get your passport?
Yes, I did on March 1st.

Here is my timeline:
  • Applied in person for regular service: March 13
  • Mail out date that was promised to me: Feb 27
  • Update we are processing --> we printed and mailed: Feb 28
  • Canada post tracker updated: Feb 29
    Passport received: March 1

• Love
Reactions: VinnyK

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Hi all, those whose expected date has passed and your application status not changed in passport tracker, please go to the service canada office. They are not updating the status currently

Nk_98

Oct 19, 2023
Looks like most of us are in the same boat that are still waiting for the passports. We just went through the citizenship application process and now are entering another wait game. :(
Since my application is overdue for more than 2 business days, I called them twice (Both calls were more than an hour and a half of waiting with 400 calls ahead of me). I just got the info that my application has been approved, but not ready for mailing. And the passport will be mailed out at any time soon.
I guess our applications are being processed on time, unless you get any notification about missing info.
In my opinion, they just don't get enough printers :p or can't keep up with the passport material :p due to the higher number of new citizens.
When did you apply?

MaggieJP

Aug 20, 2020
When did you apply?
I applied on Feb 2nd in a Service Canada in the middle of nowhere. The service standard of applying in a service Canada is 20 business days. So my application was due on Mar 1st.
But hey, I got good news today, the status shows my passport has been mailed out today, it showed under processing yesterday though.
I think you will get your good news soon. It won't be overdue for too many days.

PS: Since I called twice in the past couple of days, I am not sure if the calls helped.

Nk_98

Oct 19, 2023
I applied on Feb 2nd in a Service Canada in the middle of nowhere. The service standard of applying in a service Canada is 20 business days. So my application was due on Mar 1st.
But hey, I got good news today, the status shows my passport has been mailed out today, it showed under processing yesterday though.
I think you will get your good news soon. It won't be overdue for too many days.

PS: Since I called twice in the past couple of days, I am not sure if the calls helped.
How to find out, if my service canada location has 10 business days or 20 processing time?

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
How to find out, if my service canada location has 10 business days or 20 processing time?
From what I have heard, usually if you go to a Passport Service office it may be 10 days and if it is a regular Service Canada office it may be 20 days.

Have a few folks who got their PPs faster at a Passport office compared to Service Canada - this applies for Standard Service

Reactions: fallcolours

MaggieJP

Aug 20, 2020
I simply just go on the website, go to the page " Find a passport service location in Canada", then click on the "check walk-in wait time".
It will show "Passport offices and service Canada Centers with 10-day processing".
Next, you just find if the location you went to is in the list.

Nk_98

Oct 19, 2023
I simply just go on the website, go to the page " Find a passport service location in Canada", then click on the "check walk-in wait time".
It will show "Passport offices and service Canada Centers with 10-day processing".
Next, you just find if the location you went to is in the list.
Thank you :)