+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience

Kofidei

Jan 2, 2013
I have landed in Alberta 2months ago. I cannot find a job. I have an MBA and managerial certificate in Chartered
Institute of Management Accountants. Companies applying to are not reply applications. And more painful is the fact that you asked Canadian experience. How do one get that experience without working in the country. I have 15 year of working experience, though young. CMA won't accept qualifications; no job to go back to and bills to pay here in Canada. What should one do in this situation? So frustrating.

shakira2009

Star Member
Aug 29, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
first Manila, now Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2005
AOR Received.
06-11-2005
File Transfer...
10-10-2009
Med's Request
25-01-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
25-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2010
LANDED..........
10-09-2010
Hi,
That's pretty common for immigrants here. I also have an MBA; it's from a prestigious Canadian University but all courses were done abroad. And similar to you, I have 13 years of work experience in business and public organizations in 2 countries. HOWEVER!!! I have no Canadian experience, therefore I cannot get a decent job.

Anyway... have you tried:
- going to an Employment Centre? They can give you advice on your resume and cover letter. Most places also have job postings.
- doing an internship in your field? Sometimes there are ads looking for interns. I know, it's working for free and it may be insulting for some people but it's a way to gain experience.
- attending career workshops and networking events? A good way to establish yourself is to make connections.

I've tried all of the 3 above and got a few interviews. Also made some good friends after networking here and there. No job yet, but it made me feel better and gave me hopes that I can succeed.

Good luck!