+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizenship for baby born outside Canada

Feb 27, 2019
Hello there!

Im starting this thread cuz i couldnt find a thread that has similar situation to mine, if there is i need help!

My COPR approved in Dec 20, visa will expire in May 23 as well as my medical. But couldnt travel yet as i gave birth last Sept 2018 my husband and i applied for my babys citizenship in Sydney. However, up to this day there is still no update on my babys citizenship status. Although it says 5 months application for proof of citizenship the application still RECEIVED meaning it is still not under PROCESSING.

Is there anyway i can travel with my baby in case his citizenship didnt come out yet before May? Anyone has the same experienced? I am very much worried as i dont want to leave my baby, nobody can look after him here.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hello there!

Im starting this thread cuz i couldnt find a thread that has similar situation to mine, if there is i need help!

My COPR approved in Dec 20, visa will expire in May 23 as well as my medical. But couldnt travel yet as i gave birth last Sept 2018 my husband and i applied for my babys citizenship in Sydney. However, up to this day there is still no update on my babys citizenship status. Although it says 5 months application for proof of citizenship the application still RECEIVED meaning it is still not under PROCESSING.

Is there anyway i can travel with my baby in case his citizenship didnt come out yet before May? Anyone has the same experienced? I am very much worried as i dont want to leave my baby, nobody can look after him here.
People have posted with similar experience before that you need to take along the documents to your local canadian high comission and they will issue a temporary passport allowing ur baby to travel once here and his/her citizenship approves u can apply for regular passport. So please get in contact with local canadian embassy

Feb 27, 2019
People have posted with similar experience before that you need to take along the documents to your local canadian high comission and they will issue a temporary passport allowing ur baby to travel once here and his/her citizenship approves u can apply for regular passport. So please get in contact with local canadian embassy
Qp)

Thanks for the reply. I have a questions, what documents are those? Is there any fees we have to pay? Could my husband in Canada should apply for it instead since he is the one who applied for our sons citizenship or it's most convenient if i do it? Also we have a lawyer. But, lawyer is not guaranteed.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Qp)

Thanks for the reply. I have a questions, what documents are those? Is there any fees we have to pay? Could my husband in Canada should apply for it instead since he is the one who applied for our sons citizenship or it's most convenient if i do it? Also we have a lawyer. But, lawyer is not guaranteed.
Documents are birth certificate and ur marriage certificate. Not aware of fee or what else best to call the local consulate and speak with them for further advice. If ur husband is with u he can go along but i am sssuming he is canada so its u who will need to go to local consulate as he can not do this from canada. There is no need for lawyers for this. Just call the consulate and they will advise u best what needs be done

Feb 27, 2019
Documents are birth certificate and ur marriage certificate. Not aware of fee or what else best to call the local consulate and speak with them for further advice. If ur husband is with u he can go along but i am sssuming he is canada so its u who will need to go to local consulate as he can not do this from canada. There is no need for lawyers for this. Just call the consulate and they will advise u best what needs be done
Okay. thank you for that information.