+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizenship Applications-on hold ??

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hi There - Good Morning !! I recently started hearing from people that the Canadian Government has stopped issuing the Citizenship. I mean, they don't reject the applications filed for citizenship, but they delay the process. I see people waiting for citizenship for more than 7 years as well. Is it that the Canadian Govt. don't want anymore citizens and so has put the applications on the loft for ever ? People say that Canada (particulary ontario, particularly Toronto) has got more populated and the Govt. has stopped issuing anymore Citizenships, but are issuing/ renewing the PR. Kindly clarify.

rgds, Geo

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Sounds a little like conspiracy theories, even though the time frame is fairly close to reality. What's happening is that some people are getting residency questionnaires (RQ) to provide additional information about their comings, goings and doings in Canada within the last 4 years, the processing of which has been estimated by CIC to take up to 48 months. Add to that a processing time of the regular citizenship application of 1½-2 years and you're getting close to 7 years.

Citizenship is still being awarded those who pass through the application process, however.