+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizenship application returned due to wrong or blank document uploaded

umangtandon

Aug 11, 2020
Hi All,

I have applied for Canadian Citizenship as a group for my wife, and daughter (8 years) in one account and my self in another account. I have been on work permit for timeframe from Aug 2018 till Feb 2022 until my PR came. My wife was on open work permit and daughter was on visitor visa for same time frame. While applying for Canadian Citizenship, we met all the requirements, but my group application is returned due to reason for my daughter application "You didn’t upload a certified English or French translation of the proof (wrong or blank document uploaded)."

My daughter is 8 years old and i have applied under 5(1) as her application which says "Minor does not have a Canadian parent or a parent who is applying for citizenship at the same time ".
She is currently in grade 2 and her past education history is as follows
1. from Dec 2018 to Oct 2019, did not attended daycare
2. from Oct 2019 to Mar 2020, attended daycare
3. from Mar 2020 to Sep 2020, did not attend any day care, due to Covid
4. from Sep 2020 to June 2022, School 1 (in area 1)
5 from July 2022 to Sep 2022, summer holidays
6.from Sep 2022 to present, current school

I have provided all information in her education section and attached school and daycare reference letters and provided explanation for missing documents.

Did, i have provided wrong information or filled incorrect form?

What should i do now to provide IRCC or revoke the application and fill a new one with minor 5(2) application

umangtandon

Aug 11, 2020
yes, I uploaded everything, all documents requested, It seems that I have to delete my daughter 5(1) application and submit new 5(2) application

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hi All,

I have applied for Canadian Citizenship as a group for my wife, and daughter (8 years) in one account and my self in another account. I have been on work permit for timeframe from Aug 2018 till Feb 2022 until my PR came. My wife was on open work permit and daughter was on visitor visa for same time frame. While applying for Canadian Citizenship, we met all the requirements, but my group application is returned due to reason for my daughter application "You didn’t upload a certified English or French translation of the proof (wrong or blank document uploaded)."

My daughter is 8 years old and i have applied under 5(1) as her application which says "Minor does not have a Canadian parent or a parent who is applying for citizenship at the same time ".
She is currently in grade 2 and her past education history is as follows
1. from Dec 2018 to Oct 2019, did not attended daycare
2. from Oct 2019 to Mar 2020, attended daycare
3. from Mar 2020 to Sep 2020, did not attend any day care, due to Covid
4. from Sep 2020 to June 2022, School 1 (in area 1)
5 from July 2022 to Sep 2022, summer holidays
6.from Sep 2022 to present, current school

I have provided all information in her education section and attached school and daycare reference letters and provided explanation for missing documents.

Did, i have provided wrong information or filled incorrect form?

What should i do now to provide IRCC or revoke the application and fill a new one with minor 5(2) application
Don't you have to be a permanent resident for 3 years anymore before you can apply for citizenship?

Baanayaad

Mar 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28/07/14 (AINP), 12/02/16 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
13/07/16
Nomination.....
22/08/15
AOR Received.
21/04/16
Med's Done....
10-01-2017 (passed)
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
Don't you have to be a permanent resident for 3 years anymore before you can apply for citizenship?

That's what I was wondering.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010

Yes, the minor's application should be made using application form CIT 0003 which is for minors who are applying at the same time as a parent or who already have a parent that is a Canadian citizen.

Cannot explain the message. But making a new application with the correct form, and carefully following all the instructions, should resolve this issue.

That's what I was wondering.
No.

Hard to grasp the question is genuine, given that for DECADES the law has provided that it is possible to become eligible for citizenship TWO YEARS after becoming a PR (as long as the applicant has sufficient credit to meet the presence requirement for pre-PR days in Canada as a temporary resident), EXCEPT for the BRIEF period June 11, 2015 to October 10, 2017 (during which to be eligible for citizenship a person needed to be a PR for a minimum of FOUR years).