+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian citizenship application - Language proficiency proof

adi92

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Hello,

I am applying for my canadian citizenship online next month. For language proof, what is preferred. I have my expired IELTS general test results (2018) with a 8 band score.
I also have my undegrad transcipts from India which highlight the medium of instruction was English. I also completed my Master's degree in the US but the transcripts obviously dont highlight language.

What are people uploading as proof? Is an expired IELTS the safest bet?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

I am applying for my canadian citizenship online next month. For language proof, what is preferred. I have my expired IELTS general test results (2018) with a 8 band score.
I also have my undegrad transcipts from India which highlight the medium of instruction was English. I also completed my Master's degree in the US but the transcripts obviously dont highlight language.

What are people uploading as proof? Is an expired IELTS the safest bet?
You can use expired IELTS GT results. No need for anything else.

Reactions: snoopyta

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I also completed my Master's degree in the US but the transcripts obviously dont highlight language.
Don't disagree with the other comment but a completed master's in USA will also be good evidence, they don't require (to my knowledge) any info specifying language on transcript from countries where language of instruction is (almost) universally English.