+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian citizen trying to bring Mexican girlfriend to live and work in Canada/Quebec

Lechiffre

Nov 1, 2018
Hi I’m sorry if this has been posted in the wrong thread or posted before. My girlfriend currently lives and works in Mexico City. She speaks French and English fluently and I’m trying to get her to come live in Montreal to find a job and work here.

I’ve been going to stay with her for 6 months and coming back and she has come during summer to spend time here and we have considered getting married but we think it’s too soon. I know about the sponsorship that requires us to be common law if we live a year together but I was wondering if there’s any other option?

She applied to a job here and they loved her profile but can’t sponsor her because she isn’t a researcher she works in HR. I’d love some guidance! Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I’m sorry if this has been posted in the wrong thread or posted before. My girlfriend currently lives and works in Mexico City. She speaks French and English fluently and I’m trying to get her to come live in Montreal to find a job and work here.

I’ve been going to stay with her for 6 months and coming back and she has come during summer to spend time here and we have considered getting married but we think it’s too soon. I know about the sponsorship that requires us to be common law if we live a year together but I was wondering if there’s any other option?

She applied to a job here and they loved her profile but can’t sponsor her because she isn’t a researcher she works in HR. I’d love some guidance! Thank you!
Generally speaking, it's extremely difficult to come to Canada on a work permit as a foreign worker. In order to get a work permit, the employer must obtain an approved LMIA (very long and expensive process) and prove that no Canadian could be found for the role.

Depending on her age, she might qualify for the IEC / Working Holiday Visa program. I would recommend you start by researching that. If she qualifies, that's the most realistic option.

Lechiffre

Nov 1, 2018
Generally speaking, it's extremely difficult to come to Canada on a work permit as a foreign worker. In order to get a work permit, the employer must obtain an approved LMIA (very long and expensive process) and prove that no Canadian could be found for the role.

Depending on her age, she might qualify for the IEC / Working Holiday Visa program. I would recommend you start by researching that. If she qualifies, that's the most realistic option.
I don’t think the IEC program applies to Mexico though. According to this reference:
https://moving2canada.com/international-experience-canada-countries/