NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Economic impact of immigration to Canada

The economic impact of immigration is an important topic in Canada. While the immigration rate has declined sharply from its peak early in the 20th century, Canada is still among the countries in the world that accepts most immigrants per capita.

The per capita immigration rate to Canada has been relatively constant since the 1950s, and recent years have seen a steady increase in the education and skill level of immigrants to Canada. However, over the last 25 years the economic position of newcomers to Canada relative to the native population has steadily declined. A 2007 Statistics Canada study shows that the income profile of recent immigrants deteriorated by a significant amount from 2000 to 2004.[1] Recent immigrants themselves are far more likely than native born Canadians to initially have low incomes, with income and employment rates increasing towards the national average with more time spent in Canada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_impact_of_immigration_to_Canada

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
This is a very good thread for people to read and learn from and be strong and persistent in your dream of a better life in Canada all is not lost there are lot of potentials here we just need to not give up.

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Six members of an ultra-orthodox Jewish sect were arrested Wednesday by the Canada Border Services Agency over suspected immigration issues, their lawyer said. Some families in the Lev Tahor community are at the centre of an ongoing child custody case, including one family that fled to Guatemala, but according to a community member those arrested are not involved in the child welfare case.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1246298/lev-tahor-members-arrested-for-immigration-issues/

fuad1980

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2014
LANDED..........
18 July 2014
Thank you for opening up this thread.

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Last evening, I met with my old colleague who used to be quite active here on one of the thread.

His views about immigration were quite positive and he considered 'immigration as an opportunity' that opens new doors of success.

Yesterday, he was upset after spending 1 year with # of unsuccessful interviews; yet to get his dream job!

Another case & same story I heard which he used to contradict religiously!

mr.Hope

Oct 12, 2012
Calgary
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04/7/13, DD Charged-29/9/13, PER - 03/12/13
AOR Received.
16/1/2014 Interview: 15-4-2014
Med's Request
22-4-2014 Passport Req:22-4-2014
Med's Done....
28-4-2014 3rd line updated: 9-05-14
VISA ISSUED...
6-6-2014
LANDED..........
Mid Of September !!!
GOOD WORK NN74 !!!

Its scary to think about the future !!! :'( :'( :'(

But have to be optimistic !!! ;D ;D ;D

GOOD LUCK !!!

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 year is a quite common period for job hunting in Canada. I worked in call centres for a year too before i got meaningful job in my field. For me immigration opened an opportunity sure, but I was lucky in the sense that 1. my interviewer decided to give me a chance (while many others would not even bother inviting an immigrant to interview). 2. All other strong candidates failed second language tests 3. The job is located in a city which is not the most desirable city in the country, to put it mildly. So competition is not as strong as in Toronto, Montreal etc.

So in order for an opportunity to open for us, we should also be ready for some sacrifices, like moving to a less desirable place in a country.

NN74 said:
Last evening, I met with my old colleague who used to be quite active here on one of the thread.

His views about immigration were quite positive and he considered 'immigration as an opportunity' that opens new doors of success.

Yesterday, he was upset after spending 1 year with # of unsuccessful interviews; yet to get his dream job!

Abu_Gee

Sep 29, 2013
NN74 said:

No negative post for many months. Looks like hubby finally got some job and suddenly Canada has again become rosy and shinny place :p

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Probably - our perception of Canada mostly depends on how well we integrate the job market with our skills and credentials. Once we break through the job market we discover new pleasing colours of life in Canada.

Abu_Gee said:
No negative post for many months. Looks like hubby finally got some job and suddenly Canada has again become rosy and shinny place :p

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People don't want to face reality, for immigrants, life is not as easy as people think out side Canada; currency notes r now hanging onto trees and you just have to pluck them!

Dear Abu-Gee, this thread is not setup to share my personal details. Life is quite easy for me since the day one I arrived!

Abu_Gee said:

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Recession started in canada? People are fired from their jobs without any notice?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Getting fired without notice is not in itself a proof of recession - the company may be simply restructuring and laying off redundant staff.
ttrajan said:
Recession started in canada? People are fired from their jobs without any notice?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Oil price is coming down. Most of the engineering companies are laying off people in alberta with out any notice.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oil prices are cyclical - they will come back again.

There is no job security in North America, anybody can be laid off at any point. Employers have a higher weight than employees - welcome to capitalism! Our company is also going through resizing and many top managers were laid off with no notice after 30 years of service.

ttrajan said:
Oil price is coming down. Most of the engineering companies are laying off people in alberta with out any notice.