+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada visitor visa refusal despite having sponsor and great funds and job. Next steps?

Gur24

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hi all, last time when I applied my visitor visa, my brother was working in Poland, this time when I am going to reapply he will be in Canada on his SOWP. I have received invitation from Edmonton, Alberta from my boyfriend while my brother will be staying in Ontario. I have not mentioned any information related to my brother in previous application. I am not going to meet my brother during my 15 days visit. should i mention now?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How about my case please.

I applied for a visitor visa back on nov was refused on Dec 12th stating i dont have ties to my country and not consistent purpose of travel, back then i only added my job letter along with inviation, my fiance was inviting me back then, now new application i added my kids certificate, job and university letter along with bank statement and vehicle registration and the reasoning we placed was my fiance birthday.

Last time they declined me in like two weeks now its running to three and havent heard from them. what is your all opinion.
2-3 weeks means that AI determines whether your case was denied and that typically means you had a very weak case. If your case is reviewed manually it takes 2-3+ months. All you can do it’s be patient. There is unlikely to be anything on GCMS notes so early about this application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Birthday party as long as you show good ties to country wouldn't work?
He also suggested us to justify the reason of meeting at valentines that it's been long we have met and i want to make her travel to different places and spend some quality time and ensuring them via showing my ties.
Travelling to Canada because you have not been able to see each other in person is the most compelling reason for the TRV. Unless having a large catered event for your birthday party then a birthday is not a strong reason for wanting to visit Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all, last time when I applied my visitor visa, my brother was working in Poland, this time when I am going to reapply he will be in Canada on his SOWP. I have received invitation from Edmonton, Alberta from my boyfriend while my brother will be staying in Ontario. I have not mentioned any information related to my brother in previous application. I am not going to meet my brother during my 15 days visit. should i mention now?
Depending on how he got his SOWP that may impact your application. For example if he came to Canada on a TRV and applied for an SOWP that could weaken your application out of concern that you will attempt to do the same thing. If you are not planning on visiting your brother and will not be visiting an area of Canada close to where your brother lives there is no need to mention him. He must be included in your application as a family member. IRCC will be aware that you have a brother in Canada and can look at his profile while considering your application.

Gur24

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Depending on how he got his SOWP that may impact your application. For example if he came to Canada on a TRV and applied for an SOWP that could weaken your application out of concern that you will attempt to do the same thing. If you are not planning on visiting your brother and will not be visiting an area of Canada close to where your brother lives there is no need to mention him. He must be included in your application as a family member. IRCC will be aware that you have a brother in Canada and can look at his profile while considering your application.
My brother obtained his TRV as my sister in law invited him to be around her for studies. it was outland application. He stays in Ontario , i will be going to Alberta. I have mentioned him in family form till now. should i add in justification letter too?