+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Visa

NidhiSharma

Jun 21, 2013
my parents live in India they applied for Canada visa online and yesterday got call from Canada embassy in India that their visa is approved and requested for their passports. but they have a flight to USA in two days so they are thinking if they don't get back their passports in time they can miss their flight to USA. I was wondering if any one can suggest can they go to Canadian embassy in USA (as they are in USA now) and submit their passports for stamping as their visa is already approved in India (using online application process).

Moo77dy

Jun 15, 2013
unfortunately they cant submit their passports in canadian embassy in USA cuz visa office in India is different than visa office in USA.
you have two choices they can delay their trip and i know that annoying or withdraw their cases by going to Canadian embassy in india and return their passport and apply again in USA

Good luck

jesuscares

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
20-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2017
LANDED..........
23-11-2017
hello nidhisharma. how long are your parents going to stay in the USA? normally once the embassy requires documentation such as your passport, the applicant has until 30 days to submit the documents to the embassy. if they are spending 2-3 weeks in the states they can transmit the passport to the embassy as soon as they return to india.

ankur.ee

Jun 21, 2013
Hi nidhisharma, can you plz tell after how many days of online application your parents got the call for passport submission. My parents have also applied for TRV on 18th Jun (online application) but didn't get any call till today (22nd Jun). I would appreciate if you reply... Thanks

Rank2010

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
ankur.ee,

My mother in law applied online on June 3. She did not get any phone call but received an email on June 21 to check her "MyCIC" account for a message. She logged in to her account and there she found a letter from the ND VO to submit her passport for completing the processing. It took close to 3 weeks to get the communication. Similar another applicant had applied on June 4 and they also got similar communication on June 21. 18th June application will take about 3 weeks for a communication. It could be more or less than 3 weeks depending upon the applicant profile and the "strength" of the supporting documents.

Good luck.