+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Visa: The Truth, The Myth and The Unknown!

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Just putting down my observation into categories. These observations are usually the Frequently Asked Questions. If there is some point missing or any change is there or something seems wrong, feel free to point it out and I will update the Main Post.

The Myth:

Applying to some province increases chances of acquiring VISA than a few others. [Truth: Applicant's profile and applied university/college matter the most]

Showing more funds assures VISA. [Truth: Strong Profile is all it takes]

VISA chances differs under SPP/General. [Truth: A Strong Profile is strong irrespective of the category under which it has be applied]

Any sort of GAP after last education means no visa. [Truth: If the "GAP" as said here is actually a job experience it counts as a plus point especially if it is related to the prospective course/field of study. If the "GAP" is vacuum, other factors in the profile will matter although it might portray the applicant as a potential immigrant but not necessarily.]

SOP is improves chances of securing visa (for Indians). [Truth: Best advice is to follow the checklist. And the Indian Checklist does not ask the applicant to include the SOP so it is merely a piece of paper to the VO with no meaning whatsoever.]

The Truth:

University Education is better than college education. [Needs no additional comment. According to employers perspective it surely is.]

Admission to a reputed University increases chances of securing VISA. [Getting admission in a reputed University is surley not a piece of cake and CHC knows this very well. So to a great extent it does secure the applicant a VISA.]

Going for a course in the same field but of lower level than existing qualification (like Post Secondary Diploma after acquiring a Degree) can lead to a rejection as it doesn't make sense and is a sign of potential immigrant who would try anything to get into Canada.

The Unknown: (Can later be added to the fact file if proved right or wrong)

Changing college/university affects our profile for PR. [People will speak for and against it, but till date there is no strong evidence for or against it.]

Credit Hours affects PGWP. [People will speak for and against it, although in most of the cases its against.]

PGWP Duration after 2 year/16 months course. [Some of the people say that they received 16 months PGWP after 16 months course and there have been good number of cases where people get 24 months and 3 years PGWP as well after 16 months course. This could be related to the above point, but again its unknown.]

Disclaimer: The above mentioned points are mere observation and are not stone carved facts mentioned officially anywhere.

Rupak14

Sep 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2011
Med's Request
Med's Done
Med's Done....
14/07/2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Never
Nice post mate. Thanks for sharing :) +1

IamTheWalrus

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Brilliant thread +1. Let's see if I can unravel any of the unknown points in the coming year because they are pretty relevant to me.

khurana

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2011
IELTS Request
7 bands
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2011
LANDED..........
28-12-2011
hoe can one get the answers of unknown??

prashant.

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/05/2014
Nomination.....
Got PER on 24th September
AOR Received.
hope so .. jsk
IELTS Request
Med's Request
18/11/2014
Med's Done....
27/11/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4/3/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting ... jsk
Grrrrtttt yarrr :) :)

vini8992

Oct 29, 2011
jalandhar
Visa Office......
cpc-ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
Rest all questions were ok wid me but this unknown question is making me worry a lot n after reading this i think it wil keep on worrying me :p

wel its reali a informative post n wil def clear doubt of many people :)

Msal

Dec 12, 2011
I applied for the study permit on Oct 26. I completed my documents acc to the checklist that I downloaded from Cic.pakistan site. couple of days back i recd it back saying that its not a refusal however it is incomplete. I My two kids are going to accompany me and i did not send their TRVs and family info. it was specifically mentioned in the checklist that for minors it was not required.There is nobody who could guide me.
i dont want to make the same mistake again. I got admission in Sheridan college jan 2012. so now i dont know if i should apply again or not. I decided to apply anyways thinking that if i get it late i can defer my admission to the next semester.
I have just recd a piece of news from a person who handles study permits in a renowned company in Khi, that married Pakistanis dont get visas and its kind of an unsaid policy. I need statistics. If anyone has heard of any married Pakistani who got it, please share cuz even if one person got it , I can. otherwise i shouldnt bother. :-\

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msal said:
I applied for the study permit on Oct 26. I completed my documents acc to the checklist that I downloaded from Cic.pakistan site. couple of days back i recd it back saying that its not a refusal however it is incomplete. I My two kids are going to accompany me and i did not send their TRVs and family info. it was specifically mentioned in the checklist that for minors it was not required.There is nobody who could guide me.
i dont want to make the same mistake again. I got admission in Sheridan college jan 2012. so now i dont know if i should apply again or not. I decided to apply anyways thinking that if i get it late i can defer my admission to the next semester.
I have just recd a piece of news from a person who handles study permits in a renowned company in Khi, that married Pakistanis dont get visas and its kind of an unsaid policy. I need statistics. If anyone has heard of any married Pakistani who got it, please share cuz even if one person got it , I can. otherwise i shouldnt bother. :-\
Hi,

As per new rules, you need to fill up seperate 'Application for TRV made outside of Canada' (IMM 5257) for each dependent family members accompanying you (only Students and Temporary
Foreign Workers to Canada.)