+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada visa from Pakistan (Profile Assesment)

smfaheem

May 26, 2012
HI all,

Can any one give me idea how much chance i have to get canada student visa from Pakistan. I have the profle as follows.

Matriculation: 59.2 % (C grade)
Intermediate: 47.7 % (D grade)
Bachelors in Computer Science with 71.2 % (GPA : 3.03)----- 3 year degree
Master in computer science with 70.4 % (GPA : 3.4 )---------1 year degree
IELTS: 6.5 (Reading 6, Writing 6, Listening 7, Speaking 7)
Work experience : 4 years as Software Engineer

I want to do MS (Software Engineering) from canada. The problem is my Matriculation and Intermediate grade/% is very bad. Also IELTS is less (heard the 7 is required to make your application strong). So how much chance i have that i get visa.
I have sufficient funds.

alwaysoptimistic

Jun 8, 2012
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2013
Med's Request
smfaheem said:
HI all,

Can any one give me idea how much chance i have to get canada student visa from Pakistan. I have the profle as follows.

I want to do MS (Software Engineering) from canada. The problem is my Matriculation and Intermediate grade/% is very bad. Also IELTS is less (heard the 7 is required to make your application strong). So how much chance i have that i get visa.
I have sufficient funds.
don't worry about ielts. 6.5 is a satisfactory score since u got 7 in other two modules so no worries. one more thing ielts is counted but not much attention by the visa officer as ielts is university requirement not embassy. but do submit it with the visa application.
matric score is ok . one of my friends had 59% in intermediate and got visa. don't worry about matric as last degree score is given priority which in my opinion is superb i guess.
one more thing go for a university... don't go for college. colleges visas have only 5% chance of success in pakistan

alwaysoptimistic

Jun 8, 2012
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2013
Med's Request
Rabia7557 said:
just apply and try your luck...
rabia what happened to your visa application? any progress yet? i guess it have been two months since u applied

M

Monika Singh

hi

you have a good profile. I can help you out regarding options for your Ms in canada. kindly mail me at singh.monika.aditya@gmail.com

thankS

Monika Singh

yasir224

Apr 25, 2012
HELLO FRIENDS! Once I was also a candidate for Study Permit from Pakistan. This forum has really helped me to prepare my application and update my knowledge. So I thought to share my experience, which may help someone to take appropriate decision.

My Profile:
BBA & MBA from Pakistan (average grades around 75%)
3.5 yrs job experience at a commercial bank
with no gap between my studies & job

Course & Institution:
George Brown College, Toronto (Intake JAN 2013)
1-year Post Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management (with co-op)

Financials:
Account Maintenance/Balance Certificate from Bank
I have showed my personal bank statement of 6-months of CAD$ 30,000 = PKR 3.000 Million (nothing else like property documents or certificate of deposit or sponsorship letter)
TIP: Minimum bank statement must be equivalent to your FULL FEES + 1-YR LIVING EXPENSEs ($12,000) + $2000 (OTHERS/RETURN TICKET)

Study Permit/Visa Application:
My classes were from 07-JAN 2013 so I filed my application on 15 September 2012
Got Medical Call on 24 October 2012
Medical Done/Passport resend to Embassy on 01 November 2012
Visa/Passport received on 18 December 2012
16 months visa has been issued

Documents Submitted:
SOP (Statement of Purpose defining your background, experience & goals) not officially required by embassy (Optional document)
Original + Attested copy, All educational documents (certificate + transcript)
Original + Attested copy, Proof of current and previous employment (Preferably with Job Description/Reporting Line on letter head)
Original + Attested copy, Police Certificate
Original + Attested copy, Letter of Acceptance from College (Un-Conditional)
Proof of Fees Payment (Invoice + Draft Copy)
Original + Attested copy, IELTS Certificate

Be confident if your case is genuine you will definitely get the visa, don’t try to do any manipulation in any documents, must keep three months time for visa and make strong financials docs. Some people think if they are applying in Ontario may not get visa due to huge population of Immigrants in the province or applying to college as compare to university have rare chance of visa, but that’s not the fact.

AFTER YOU REACH CANADA:
Text Books Cost $500-700 depending on your course, you will be lucky to find used text books at half price from previous students or online classifieds
You must have at least 4-5months living expenses (Around $4000)
Not officially allowed to work part-time for initial six months (Except On-Campus which is very rare)
You can get on-cash job (un-official) through personal references only at with low wage rate
Don’t expect to make good amount of money (specially to support your tuition fees) in initial six months all depends on your luck
In first month you will definitely have some extra expenses because you are new there and don’t have anything from grocery, snow shoes, blanket/mattress, etc be prepared for it
Single room rent in a shared accommodation is from $350-$600
Must pay at least 1month advance rent and 1month deposit to get accommodation
Monthly Travelling Cost $130-150, Meals $200-300, Min.Mobile Charges $25-30, Other Exp. $50-100
Don’t spend too much money for buying winter clothes from Pakistan, because you must buy them from Canada to match the weather conditions.

BEST OF LUCK

sameer786313

Mar 31, 2015
I am from pakistan . I ve applied for January 2015 intake on oct 2014 and got refusal on november 18 2014 stated the reason of refusal
purpose of visit
Personal assets and financial status

I reapplied for may session 2015 on 8th Jaunuary 2015 .Then i highlighted my purpose of visit is solely study and mentioned i have struggled alot for taking an admission . while on second reason i highlighted that my personal assets are all my parents assets that i gave them sponsership affidavit of my parents . and again got refusal on 30th March 2015 , now this time vo stated the reason only purpose of visit .

My Profile is

BBA with 2.79 CGPA completed in december 2013
IELTS 6 overall only listening 5,5
Finance 33,000 Can$ + half tuition fees with all supporting documents
Sponsered by Parents and brother living together in pakistan
No travel outside pakistan
Applied for Postgraduate 1 year Diploma program in Business administration from North Island College
Employment of 14K

Now i have applied for CAIPS notes and waiting for it but still i am unable to understand the meaning of "Purpose of visit" as i have been accepted from College and paid half tuition fees as well but the problem is where?

Can somebody help me that whether i would have to reapply or not ? or change my institute or program any sugesstions you people may have.

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
smfaheem said:
HI all,

I have sufficient funds.
Gather your documents and go ahead with your application. You may require to explain that why do you want another MS when you already have 1 and the rest is ok!

Sabeeh19

Oct 4, 2014
Karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Nov-2014
File Transfer...
08-Nov-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-Nov-2014(Passed)
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-Nov-2014
All the Pakistani students who want to pursue their career in Canada.PSS (Pakistani Student Sevices) provide all the basic assistance to start a new life in Canada..so here is the forum to email and contact. Feel free to contact on the facebook page. Lots of current students in Canada providing correct advices to you.

Services for the students from Pakitan wishing to study in Canada, assistance regarding :
*Admission Application Process (Policies & Document Requiremnet)
*Pre-Arrival Arrangements including Accomodation & Airport Pickup
*Basic Necessities (Mobile Network, Rooms with Pakistanies, Matresses etc.)
*Universities Tour
*After Arrival Tasks (Bank Account Opening, SIN Document Proceedure, Health Insurance Card, etc.)

Join the page : https://www.facebook.com/Pakistanistudentservices